Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Touch up Paint

Fuchs

Baku
I bought some touch up paint to tidy up a few chips on the front of my car - received the paint in one tube and clear coat in another tube. Now even though i'm not a rocket scientist i can work out that the colour goes on first and the clearcoat goes on afterwards, but do i need to prep the area before i do any "touching up" (Fnaar fnaaar)?

Do i need to clear any wax/polish away before i paint? and if so - with what?

Any budding Tony Hart's out there, please give me the benfit of your wisdom/experience.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55547

Wow no awnser, however I have the same problem and was going to pose the same question.

So I am also interested in awnser.

Also my cars plastic/rubber has got spotty marks from water drying in strong sunlight on it, how do I get rid of that.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55549

Daz, me old mate - i can answer your plastic/rubber spotting question.

i bought some Autoglym rubber/plastic cleaner from halfords when i was back for Easter - tried it out last weekend and it works a treat - it removed all traces of greyness and even removed wax/polish stains. so im quite confident that it will remove your water spotting problem. it also smells rather nice - it left my garage smelling of a lemon tree !

you can even have a matt finsh or a gloss finish - just depends on how you apply/remove it.

Of course im sure Phil does some Zymol stuff that works better/lasts longer/smells nicer ...... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55550

Phil's stuff smells coconuty ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55561

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 26 April 2006

Phil's stuff smells coconuty ...
The taste of paradise ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55563

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 26 April 2006

Thanks Warren,Daz
No problem - now what about this touch up paint?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55577

I think I shall let my four year old lose on it, she seems to love painting :wink:

Every thing else in my house is the wrong colour or has a pencil or felt tip mark on it :roll:

Daz :D

Couldnt be without her though & my son of course
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/family%20kenya.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55578

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 26 April 2006

Wow no awnser, however I have the same problem and was going to pose the same question.So I am also interested in awnser.Also my cars plastic/rubber has got spotty marks from water drying in strong sunlight on it, how do I get rid of that.Daz
If you've got polish on the plastic trim, and it goes all white, you can apparently remove it by applying peanut butter (smooth not crunchy!) and then wiping off. Might work for your spotty water marks as well. If it doesn't work, at least your car will taste nice, assuming you like peanut butter :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55580

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back