Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Boxster

Shaun Parker

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help me, Im looking at getting a Boxster but im in limbo which one. Im wanting rather the 3.2 S or the 2.7, If I get the 2.7 I can get a younger car and Insurance and fuel would be cheaper. Is there really a big difference between the two,

Cheers,

Shaun.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54530

Personally I thought there was quite a bit difference. The 3.2S has really got some kick to it - a really enjoyable test drive - not sure there is that much in it with the mpg.

Mind you I've never owned either, but if I did it would be a 3.2S.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54538

shaun

what kind of budget do you have..

as the choices for the 3.2 are 986 (mk1), 986 facelifted or 987 (mk2)

and yes there is a noticable difference

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54559

postamble();
I had a 2.7 and it went very well....on twisties, I think a 911 would struggle to get away from you. Don't get a 2.5 whatever you do....tried one and it was a slug!

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55043

I've owned both a 986 2.5 and a 986 3.2. I'd stretch the budget and get a 3.2S, you can tell the difference when driving. Now got a 997 C2S and that moves the game on somewhat!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 55078

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back