Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof done with Zymol

Parts

Banned
Have taken the hard top off now, but before I did it got the treatment with glasur again (4 coats) and looked absolutely fantastic. Took this picture while it was on its stand and could not believe the reflection.

What do you guys think?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P32600351.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51377

And another one...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P32600181.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51380

Looking Slick mate! Did you get thet stand from Porsche SP?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51388

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 29 March 2006

Have taken the hard top off now, but before I did it got the treatment with glasur again (4 coats) and looked absolutely fantastic. Took this picture while it was on its stand and could not believe the reflection.

What do you guys think?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P32600351.jpg
not bad.... only wish I could take my car off in pieces as well !

but don't get me started on the state of your landscaping ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51389

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 29 March 2006

Looking Slick mate! Did you get thet stand from Porsche SP?
Something like that! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51391

Looks very good Chris,

wheres the pic of the rest of the car then?

Love that colour.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51395

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 29 March 2006

Looks very good Chris,

wheres the pic of the rest of the car then?

Love that colour.

Daz
When I have finished the next zymol session will post some pics. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51418

Lovely job, beautiful finish. Did you HD cleanse it before the first coat? Also, when you say four coats, do you mean that you apply, buff off, then apply buff off etc. (x4). How long do you leave between coats? Also, as a more general question to everyone on the forum do you have any recommendations for a more aggressive paint 'cutting compound' or similar to remove tar and minor blemishes prior to a good Glasuring? I'd appreciate any advice. Cheers, Bob.B.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51501

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by r.boughtflower on 30 March 2006

Lovely job, beautiful finish. Did you HD cleanse it before the first coat? Also, when you say four coats, do you mean that you apply, buff off, then apply buff off etc. (x4). How long do you leave between coats? Also, as a more general question to everyone on the forum do you have any recommendations for a more aggressive paint 'cutting compound' or similar to remove tar and minor blemishes prior to a good Glasuring? I'd appreciate any advice. Cheers, Bob.B.

I think you need to let the wax cure for about 24 hours before another layer. You top it on top.

Regarding the "cut" need to look at the blemishes really. Something like Meguairs scratch X might do it but I dont use it myself but its better than T-cut. Your car could probably do with a claying session, I think Zymol sell it as lehm clay.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51521

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by r.boughtflower on 30 March 2006

Right - the full job was Clean followed by clay bar first (which removes the tar and other inground dirt) it is amazing how much more dirt this removes on an already cleaned car.

Then I used the HD cleanse, twice over the whole roof, and three times on a couple of minor scratchs. This leaves a really nice finish. If you want something slightly more heavy duty, zymol do an HD Cleanse Professional - which gets better effects with a single coat.

After this I then put 4 coats of wax on. Only left 2 hours between each coat. Ideal to leave longer and put it in the garage and do some more the next day. But I don't have a garage!

Hope that helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51836

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 29 March 2006

not bad.... only wish I could take my car off in pieces as well !

but don't get me started on the state of your landscaping ! :wink:
The rest of the garden is beautifully landscaped if that makes it any better - any comments will have to go to Jacki on the track day as it is her garden!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51837

The wheel barrow is galvanised and I bet it last's longer than a 966 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52980

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by dick jones on 09 April 2006

The wheel barrow is galvanised and I bet it last's longer than a 966 :wink:
A 996 is galvanised too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52988

Think the 996 would be quicker too - even downhill!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52994

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 09 April 2006

Think the 996 would be quicker too - even downhill!
next time it snows I guess you have a new sledge !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53063

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back