Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

extended warranty

911Silverback

Nurburgring
Would like to know if anyone has had any positive experiences with work covered under ext warranty by an OPC.

And if you have, then what type of relationship do you have with your OPC, ie did you buy the car new? or have you been a long term customer? or did you just purchase your warranty through them?

Im only interested in any positive stuff, specially about Hatfield cos iv just done a search on here and i cant find a single nice thing said about them?

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51373

Hatfield are a bunch of w**kers.

Sorry Rob, had to get that off my chest!

I have had a good experience so far with OPC Guildford. Nice people and very helpful when it came to my car - especially when they knew it was being bought from their friends at Camtune.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51496

Hi Adrien,

You just couldn't help yourself a mate?? but it seems we both hold them in the same high esteem!!!

I'll PM you about Hatfield!

But tell me about Guilford what did they do for you?

Regards

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51553

They researched a fair bit on the history of my car through Reading before it was bought - not from them, mind you, but from a nearby independent. Throughout, I felt they were pleasant and helpful and never objected to the fact the service provided to me was "free".

When it came to getting it inspected, I decided to let them have a look at it based on the previous good service. They inspected it, and were happy for the supplying independent to do the 24k service before assigning the extended warranty. For all other maintenance/servicing, they are happy for the indie to undertake the work without it affecting the warranty.

All in all, I have found them to be helpful, courteous, and flexible. For example, I would have expected them to say that they wanted to do the 24k service before assigning the warranty, but they were never pushy for the business. Their business was not assured either: I only decided to take up the warranty 2 weeks after buying the car.

Thumbs up to OPC Guildford

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51712

Well done Guilford..so far, but has anyone put their car in for actual work covered under ext warranty?

Adrien did you ask them about tracking your car if you so wished :wink:
and about any warranty issue with that?

Regards

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51926

What track? My car is never tracked... it's a road car... it's a garage queen :wink:
Any imaginations of my car at Oulton or Bedford this year were a fiction of your imagination... I don't remember Trackphoto having any pics of me at Oulton?... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52005

Interesting feedback about Hatfield.

Drive past them occassionally and noticed they've moved (again) to larger premises - how come they keep expanding if they look after their bread and butter so poorly? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52012

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The Poet on 03 April 2006

Interesting feedback about Hatfield.

Drive past them occassionally and noticed they've moved (again) to larger premises - how come they keep expanding if they look after their bread and butter so poorly? :?

From what people tell me i think they have only become a proper OPC since they moved to their new site, i think they were a part of the HR Owen Group before.

Interesting this thread hasn't caught on.

2 reasons maybe for this.. either people only want to post stuff they want to moan and complain about.. which is quite sad people!!

Or more worrying is no one here has had work done under the ext warranty policy?

So am i right in not renewing??...anyone prove me wrong???

Cheers

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52103

Or - it could be that porsche's are just that reliable!

I have the extended warranty - made them replace a fuse on it - as I couldn't be bothered. Oh - and they fixed my high-tone horn. Other than that have not used it.

Sorry I can't help any more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52109

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 03 April 2006

Or - it could be that porsche's are just that reliable!
Well said fella..how many big failures to do we hear about?.. iv not heard of any problems at all with the GT3, which is really quite an amazing engineering feat for the bit of kit the car is..

Which leads me on to.. you paid out for ext warranty to change a fuse and fix your horn :wink:
.. at your age.. young man!! wheres the sense in that?

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52120

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back