Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster is lacking power

Andrew Boulton

I have recently bought a '99 Boxster 2.5l with 80,000 miles on the clock, i ran the previous owner home in it with no engine management light diplayed on the dash. However, when i "floored" it lacked power, hesitated around 4000 RPM and followed by an engine management light. The car idles fine after driving and up to temperature, but stalls when first started from cold.

Please help, have i bought a "DUD"??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51224

3 2 1 - It doesn't sound normal - or good - but I know nothing about boxsters. Sorry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51228

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Eff on 28 March 2006

Yep, it's not a 911 :twisted:
Don't be mean - it sounds like a visit to your OPC is required Andrew.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51231

3, 2, 1

OK, I guess most people on this forum have 911s, so might not know too much about Boxster although some of the water boys here might know as they essentially have the same engine. Have you tried a Boxster forum? From what it sounds like it could be the engine is out of tune for what ever reason.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51232

Andrew try renlist of boxt.net they may be able to help you,

If it isnt blowing blue smoke or white smoke or losing oil or water then it sounds like engine management.

Could be air flow meter,

But why did you buy a car that wouldnt rev over 4000 revs?

Could also be ecu, if it isnt missing then its unlikley to be the injectors, and if it is idling correctley when warm, but not when cold it sounds electrical.

Good luck,

Try getting your money back.

P.S

When you do get it going right, remember that 2.5 boxsters havent got much power to start with.

Regards,

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51235

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 28 March 2006

When you do get it going right, remember that 2.5 boxsters havent got much power to start with.Regards,Daz
you are cruel :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51250

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 28 March 2006

Previous poster said:

When you do get it going right, remember that 2.5 boxsters havent got much power to start with.Regards,Daz
But funny - they will be talking about us on the boxster forum soon!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51257

I was genuinley trying to be helpful, I guess I cant help myself, when it come to boxsters

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51260

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 28 March 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 28 March 2006

Previous poster said:

But funny - they will be talking about us on the boxster forum soon!

classic thread

I wonder if he will post again ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51263

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back