Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clarkson Cayman U Turn??!!

Dunc

Just got the news letter from the local OPC and there's a bit about Jeremy Clarkson presenting some Top Gear award for best sports car 2005 - WTF??!!

Correct me if i'm wrong but did he not call it the cockster and say it was pointless and not as good as it should have been (911 rival and all that)?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50726

Yes - but he said a load of crap about the 350Z in 2004 and it also won car of the year!

Basically he does not get to make all the decisions.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50728

but he makes the biggest media impact in the uk automotive industry..... so his view is important, but remember that journo's need to stir the pot in order to sell their media.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50731

I do like JC, like Geoffrey Boycott, can't understand it, but I do.

With TG, i think as SP says, it does not reflect exactly what JC, RH, JM feel i don't think. It was on TG that Clarkson proclaimed 'all porsche owners are *****'. but i read his Sunday Times articles every week and i feel this is a forum where he can speak more honestly. In the ST he has had nothing but praise for Porsches.

go figure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50743

See I like JC however i take him as an automotive comedian because hes here to entertain us rather than give a bland review

Good thing Hammond is a porsche fan

(besides porsche are slipping nowdays they deserve a dressing drown IMO)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50749

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 24 March 2006

I do like JC, like Geoffrey Boycott, can't understand it, but I do.

With TG, i think as SP says, it does not reflect exactly what JC, RH, JM feel i don't think. It was on TG that Clarkson proclaimed 'all porsche owners are *****'. but i read his Sunday Times articles every week and i feel this is a forum where he can speak more honestly. In the ST he has had nothing but praise for Porsches.

Agreed. I like him too - I think his mouth just runs off sometimes and he say things for effect. When he writes hiw articles a little bit more thought seems to go into them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50751

I think the thing that annoyed him the most with the cayman was the fact that it was a good car but the model hierarchy at Porsche meant that it could never be made to give better performance than the base 911 and the car could easily handle it.Although he slates porsches sometimes he does like them privatly.It is also known that both RH an JM are big porsche fans and both have recently bought brand new cars(RH a carrera s and JM a boxster)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50762

I also remember him(Clarkson) saying a while back that the first car he crashed whilst testing was a 928!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50763

In Top Gear magazine he admitted he regulally changes his mind about cars mainly because he forgets what he wrote/said first time around, there was quite a few he had contradicted himself with.

Maybe he's turning into a Murray Walker.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50827

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back