Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster invasion

911Silverback

Nurburgring
soapbox.gif

Just checked out the latest forum postings on the home page, and for some reason there are at least 4, 5 now with this thread regarding Boxsters, i would of thought 911 uk may ring some bells boys and girls.

And quotes from these people like dont you think a boxster cab looks better than a 911 dont you agree? is starting to p*** me off

Dont get me wrong i have high respect for these cars but anyone seriously going to spend 18-25K on one of these do yourself a fav and get a proper Porsche a 911. If you find the right one you will not regret it.

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49799

funnily enough i was looking at going for either a 987S or Cayman til i listened to wise words from a 996 C4S owner,he went along the lines of,......"as much as the Boxster/Cayman are accomplished vehicles when you look in your garage which would you prefer £40k+ of new (non-911)Porker or an iconic 911 sitting there?".........and right enough the 911(be it 3.2/964/993/996/997) is the car that if finances allow you must at least have had in your motoring lifetime :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49803

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 19 March 2006

soapbox.gif

Just checked out the latest forum postings on the home page, and for some reason there are at least 4, 5 now with this thread regarding Boxsters, i would of thought 911 uk may ring some bells boys and girls.

And quotes from these people like dont you think a boxster cab looks better than a 911 dont you agree? is starting to p*** me off

Dont get me wrong i have high respect for these cars but anyone seriously going to spend 18-25K on one of these do yourself a fav and get a proper Porsche a 911. If you find the right one you will not regret it.

...rob

hey rob, chill man,

where would we be without hairdressers :eek:

And anyway, we dont want everyone driving 911's now do we, we wouldnt have anyone to pick on.

I am not even going to get in to the damn dabate, cos it aint worth it.

I am a 911 man, through and through.

If you want a hoxter you just as well buy an Audi TT for half the price.

Daa

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49806

Don't blame me.... <innocent>

But surely if you do a search for boxsters on WWW it doesn't bring this site up!

But saying that... I've just done a search on google

"porsche boxster forum" and this site comes up 3rd!
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rls=HPEA%2CHPEA%3A2005-38%2CHPEA%3Aen&q=porsche+boxster+forum&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

The 911 is a "proper" porsche, I may consider a boxster, but not to replace Tara.... as a daily drive instead of the "dirty girl"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49826

Nicola,

Just drive the 911 every day, sell the Megane, and blow the cash on a super Zymol for the 911.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49837

Just had a thought, its Dangerman bringing all his pals on to the forum,

Like the Invasion of the body snatchers film,

however this is INVASION OF THE FORUM SNATCHERS

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49840

if he's a buddy of Dangerman(i know impossible as he's obviously a billy-no-mates)..............it would be invasion of the muppets :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49844

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 19 March 2006
if he's a buddy of Dangerman(i know impossible as he's obviously a billy-no-mates)..............it would be invasion of the muppets :p

:D :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49846

You guys have no tolerance for the young! :wink:
I looked at a boxster a few years ago - but in the end decided to wait until I could afford a second hand 996 cab. But if you want a daily drive and can't afford a newish 996 then some of the boxster prices I have seen would look attractive.

The funny thing for me is they think they will get unbaised opinions from a forum called "911uk" :?

And by the way the rear of a boxster is not comparison to the 911 - and if I was even vaguely interested in that sort of thing I would be getting a replica 550 spyder!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49849

Previous poster said:

funnily enough i was looking at going for either a 987S or Cayman til i listened to wise words from a 996 C4S owner,he went along the lines of,......"as much as the Boxster/Cayman are accomplished vehicles when you look in your garage which would you prefer £40k+ of new (non-911)Porker or an iconic 911 sitting there?".........and right enough the 911(be it 3.2/964/993/996/997) is the car that if finances allow you must at least have had in your motoring lifetime :wink:

Errrrrr, £40k+ of new (non-911) Porker myself.

What you call iconic i call old and since Porsche are such slack designers (not that i think they should change anything), you get pretty much the same look with a new non 911 anyway.

And whats more if you believe what some chowder heads on here will tell you, if you're really that interested in performance that a Boxster was not quick enough for you, you should forget 911 altogether and buy an M3. :?

LOL. ANOTHER COMPLAINT THREAD FROM THE 911 HAPPY CREW!!!! :D

"My 911 doesn't hold the road well enough, other cars see me as a target and vicitimise me, the wrong people are on the forum, i let my wife down again...blah, blah, blah....". Try yelling at a cloud to relieve your tension. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49871

god knows its well past his bedtime especially as its a school night for him :|
,maybe all those bubbles in his sunday night pre-school bath have gone to his head and he thinks he's either the Stig/J Clarkson/A Twat

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49875

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 19 March 2006

dangermoose, what are you talking about ??

Well, i was pointing out to the thread starter, motivations for not buying an old 911 over a newer Porsche.

I then moved on to tackle 911 whingebags in a humourous manner & ageist manner.

Now i'm off to watch football. See you later homie.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49876

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DangerMan on 19 March 2006

Previous poster said:

Errrrrr, £40k+ of new (non-911) Porker myself.

What you call iconic i call old and since Porsche are such slack designers (not that i think they should change anything), you get pretty much the same look with a new non 911 anyway.

And whats more if you believe what some chowder heads on here will tell you, if you're really that interested in performance that a Boxster was not quick enough for you, you should forget 911 altogether and buy an M3. :?

LOL. ANOTHER COMPLAINT THREAD FROM THE 911 HAPPY CREW!!!! :D

My 911 doesn't hold the road well enough, other cars see me as a target and vicitimise me, the wrong people are on the forum, i let my wife down again...blah, blah, blah. Try yelling at a cloud to relieve your tension. :D
WTF

Have I had too many shandys here or what? or it the above a load of rubbish?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49878

Dangermuse's been sniffing glue again?

I'm sure Boxster's a great car, but as an overall package, nothing on the road can beat a 911. Think about it, if you want a high performance 2+2, reliable, well made with a good badge and image, good looking and last a life time without being a millionaire, can you seriously think of an alternative?

Boxsters are fab cars but where do you put the kids? Same goes for Ferrari/AM/Mass etc. Any other high performance cars that has rear seats are GT/saloon cars. The reason why a 911 can do it is purly because of the engine being where it is. The only car that comes close to the equation is 944/968 but that's another debate.

The 911 is the only car that you can feel great taking the family out, do the school runs and please the little boys, drive to the track and thrash the daylights out of it by driving it to within an inch of it's life and then drive back via McDonald's drive through in London traffic, and then take it to work the next day without the engine missing a beat!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49880

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back