Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 at Geneva -

thanks, do you think the introduction of the 997 GT3 will hit used values on the 996 version significantly?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49564

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by PIERS FOX on 17 March 2006
thanks, do you think the introduction of the 997 GT3 will hit used values on the 996 version significantly?

Nope.

My oft espoused theory on this sector of the Porsche market is as follows:

1) The GT3 / GT2's etc of this world are usually bought new by people with more money than sense. Not by people who know what they are buying. (before anyone flames me, I know there are exceptions)

2) Result of 1) is that at 1 - 2 years in people get really fed up with them for a number of reasons, harsher ride, nat as easy to drive quick as other Porsches, etc., And hence get rid of them. Result price of nearly new ones go through the floor as market gets swamped for what is in fact a niche product.

3) Prices are now affordable for people who do appreciate them, who promptly snap up good bargins. Supply now drys up & prices firm.

4) Any impact from a new version wouldn't be felt until a couple of years after the introduction of a new model.

Well thats my theory for what it's worth! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49603

Good theory Rob, makes a lot of sense.

Daz

See no pi** take. :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49607

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 17 March 2006
Daz

Good cos I wouldn't be in the mood for it think my feet have just caught malaria, just been been bitten about a dozen times on each foot including on the sole somehow :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49626

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 17 March 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 17 March 2006

Daz

Good cos I wouldn't be in the mood for it think my feet have just caught malaria, just been been bitten about a dozen times on each foot including on the sole somehow :evil:

Well thats what you have for having smelly feet. :wink:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49628

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 17 March 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 17 March 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 17 March 2006 Good theory Rob, makes a lot of sense.
Daz

[/i:Og6UXmBIYx]

Well thats what you have for having smelly feet. :wink:

Daz

Have you been smelling them again, thought I told you about that before :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49631

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 17 March 2006

Nope.My oft espoused theory on this sector of the Porsche market is as follows:1) The GT3 / GT2's etc of this world are usually bought new by people with more money than sense. Not by people who know what they are buying. (before anyone flames me, I know there are exceptions)2) Result of 1) is that at 1 - 2 years in people get really fed up with them for a number of reasons, harsher ride, nat as easy to drive quick as other Porsches, etc., And hence get rid of them. Result price of nearly new ones go through the floor as market gets swamped for what is in fact a niche product.3) Prices are now affordable for people who do appreciate them, who promptly snap up good bargins. Supply now drys up & prices firm.4) Any impact from a new version wouldn't be felt until a couple of years after the introduction of a new model.Well thats my theory for what it's worth! :)
Rob, I heard a very similar theory to this from a friend who works for Porsche GB tonight at dinner - so you must be right! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49668

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/RESIZE%20PICT0072.JPG
Couple of pics frommy brother...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/RESIZE%20PICT0066.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49968

Damn it might have to stay here a bit longer til i can afford one

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49971

Howood does that Turbo look ?

Dan

:lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49973

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 20 March 2006

Rob, please get me a job, :D

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49983

I can't think of a better way to spend £100K

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50000

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 20 March 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 20 March 2006

Rob, please get me a job, :D

Daz

Yeah right like where I'm living.....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC00181.JPG

Actually come to think of it you'd probably be at home....except they're goats not sheep....... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50064

At least you've got email. I've been in worse places in West Africa where there is more chance of being kidnapped than even the Sat phone working.

Anyhow, curried goat is much the same as mutton, eh? What beer you getting? Coniston Bluebird :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 50065

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back