Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hosepipe ban...

Robertb

Yas Marina
I heard today that Thames Water is introducing a hosepipe ban... :roll:

Anyone got any ideas how to wash a car without a hosepipe in a way that doesn't scratch the paint?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48689

1. Drive to an area outside hosepipe ban to friends house.
2. Collect Rain Water that falls onto the roof and put through a basic (cheap) filtration system.
3. Drive to the local river.
4. Use car wash (sure they wont ban water to those).
5. Dont wash it.

Or what I would do

Ignore a stupid and unreasonable ban from a company that wastes more water through poor pipes than all the people in your area could ever use.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48691

It is very hard to believe that these people are loosing over 50% through leaky pipes.

You would have thought that they would be repairing them at a rate of knots. Seems to have been a problem for decades. Obviously there is more money to be had in banning you from using water than investing!

Feel sorry for you sotherners, we have more water up than you can shake a stick at. Maybe I could set up a business dispatching water???

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48693

Comes in to effect on April 3rd. I'll definitley be washing the car every w/e before then now.

And after that, i guess its gonna have to be with a bucket. :roll:

G-Unit, what are you going to do?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48694

An Aussie Speedway rider friend of mine who's is from Brisbane, which is a place which isn't known for it's rainfall, told me that they don't have pipe bans over there.

They are allowed to 'water' every other day and this is a place that (he says) has hardly seen rain in two years!

Something's going wrong somewhere, or as supersport said perhaps it's just another money making thing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48697

Having watched a burst water main near us waste the equivalent of the contents of an Olympic sized swimming pool every day for three and a half weeks before someone came to repair it, I'm not surprised we now face a ban. Twats!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48700

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 13 March 2006

Comes in to effect on April 3rd. I'll definitley be washing the car every w/e before then now.

And after that, i guess its gonna have to be with a bucket. :roll:

G-Unit, what are you going to do?

Im getting a big water tank mate. Im researching into as we speak mate. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48701

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 13 March 2006

4. Use car wash (sure they wont ban water to those).Daz
That will come in the next wave when they ban "unneccessary" uses of water. This will include:

Car Washes

Watering Parks

Watering Golf Courses

Fountains

etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48729

This hose pipe ban has been helped along with the porsche 996 as it uses so much water as most of the owners are under the thames water area and the poor people up north are not affected as the have 3.2 carrera and 993's which only use water in the windscreen washers ha ha ha

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48730

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 13 March 2006

This hose pipe ban has been helped along with the porsche 996 as it uses so much water as most of the owners are under the thames water area and the poor people up north are not affected as the have 3.2 carrera and 993's which only use water in the windscreen washers ha ha ha
I'm sure your response was witty and funny, just a shame I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48731

Previous poster said:

LOL,

If I ran a ferrari every day water would be the only thing I could afford to drink

Daz :eek: :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48732

But the it wouldn't get too dirty as wouldn't work long enough!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48734

He's back........................... :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48738

Our water is supplied by a local farmer (who is in turn a Thames Water customer) so technically, I am a customer of the farmer (to whom I pay my water bill), not Thames Water... so I don't know if the ban technically applies to me! :twisted:
They won't ration his water cos he's agricultural use...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48750

Previous poster said:

You what? :roll:

This water business is ridiculous. Their excuse is that we've not had much rain this winter - true, but we did have torrential rain showers all the way through summer which have resulted in flood plains near my local River Erewash still holding water - and they're just cow fields. Its just excuses - we live in Britain FFS there are no water shortages in this country - its Britain!!!! We have rivers, lakes, rivers etc, the fact that some pipes are leaking means diddly when you quite literally live in the land of water. :roll:

Same with gas, they keep jacking gas prices up because there is a shortage - what shortage? How many people have actually been refused gas and if there is a gas/water shortage how does putting rates up help in anyway?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48751

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back