Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman PASM

John Whitehouse

I'm planning on buying a Cayman, ( the test drive was brilliant) but i'm not sure weatehr to go for the PASM or not as my test car was without it. So does it make a difference and is it worth the extra money ?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48588

Hi John

I test drove a PASM Cayman the other week and can honestly say that you probably don't really need it and will find the ride too harsh for most roads HOWEVER, it is not very expensive and when one day you do go to sell your car, the typical second hand buyer will probably choose a car that has PASM. Although, I doubt you get back in $$$ what you paid for it initially.

My 997 doesn't have it - no option at the time, no cars available and a long wait time! So, I took what they had and don't regret it.

Incidentally, lovely car, very nice noise from the engine! Screamed over 5,000 RPM way more than any other Porsche I have owned!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48598

John,

As Servo says you probably won't need it, but if you intend to drive it all year round you may find it useful on those frosty winter mornings and yes it will help when you come to sell it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48604

Thanks for your help guys, I might ask for a test car with PASM to make sure.

Thanks again.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48633

It might be better to just get the sports chrono package as its cheaper but still gives you the sports button. The salesman in the dealer reckoned that was the best bet for british roads.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48682

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back