Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Alarm problem

mikeh

Hi, help please, my alarm on 1998 C2 has just starting going on for no reason that a can find at all, it started last night and went off for about a minute then would turn off, it appears to be just the alarm and the indicators don't flash. In the end had the discount the battery as the neighbours didn't look happy.

can anyone suggest a fix?

cheers, mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48556

yes you may be right as i can start the car with the alarm going off and the key fob has no effect, any idea if the siren can be isolated or turned off?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48580

yes - you can unplug it but you need to have the ignition switched on - fyi - its under the panel next to the battery on the passenger side

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48766

cheers but think may have solved it, think due to not using the car in the last few weeks and weather being cold that the battery backup on the alarm has gone flat so took it for a long drive today and so far no alarm tonight! also going to get a trickle alarm that may help.

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48779

Hi, newby on the board.

Interesting chat forum guys (and gels)

I had the same problem today. Battery went flat and couldn't disengage the alarm. Also, occasionally, when I press the key button to engage the alarm, I hear a short horn after the indicators have blinked twice. Has this happened to any of you guys. Mostly the engaging process is silent.

I've noticed there are several modes to the alarm, but I will explore these in an empty car park!! The sound of the alarm going off every minute is likely to rile the neighbours, who think I'm a flash git for owning a porsche in the first place.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49224

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by WizardGT3 on 15 March 2006

Hi, newby on the board.

Interesting chat forum guys (and gels)

I had the same problem today. Battery went flat and couldn't disengage the alarm. Also, occasionally, when I press the key button to engage the alarm, I hear a short horn after the indicators have blinked twice. Has this happened to any of you guys. Mostly the engaging process is silent.

I've noticed there are several modes to the alarm, but I will explore these in an empty car park!! The sound of the alarm going off every minute is likely to rile the neighbours, who think I'm a flash git for owning a porsche in the first place.
What 911 are you running - generally the since beep means that the alarm has not armed correctly e.g. window open, door not closed properly, centre consol open, etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49226

^ Hi Chris,

I have a (2000) 996 C2.

I get the point about window or door being open. I'll check that next time it happens. However, when I hear the beep after the indicators have blinked twice, the alarm indicator on the panel near the windscreen does flash normally, i.e. once every 2/3 seconds. This made me assume that the alarm was engaged.

Is there anything else I need to know about the alarm. I'd be grateful for any tips.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49232

The alarm will be engaged but the internal sensors might not be on. I pretty sure mine did this when I was leaving the centre consol open.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49241

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back