Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The dream is near

alan sweeney

Montreal
Hello,

I have been lurking on the forum for over a year and posted the odd time. I am absolutely beyond excited as I sit here writing this. I have been searching for a 996 for over a year now and my search has taken me from disappointment to frenzy.

There are some pretty terrible examples out there and how people think that they can sell them is incredible. One particular example was advertised on Pistonheads, I would like to add not their fault. The photo's looked great. When I arrived after my 3 hour trip I left after 5 minutes. The car had every alloy curbed very badly, the paintwork scratched and the interior looked like it has been used to carry gravel.

Any way the point of my story I am happy to shout that as of yesterday I am finally the owner of a 996 C4s. I eventually went the local Porsche dealership route which has cost me a little over the private alternatives. The finance package was very competitive and the service excellent.

I am hoping to pick up the beast on Thursday 17th as it is having a few extras put on.

I hope to enjoy the forum now as I can give a 1st time Porsche owner's opinion at least!!!

Enjoyed the forum over the year and learnt lots from you guys.

Kind regards Alan. (with a huge smile on my face!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48215

Congrats, did you buy it from Cardiff OPC,

Give us a colour and spec.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48216

Looks like Ive got a wait on then if it took you a year to find one. Mind you by then I might have saved a bit more money :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48223

Yep I got the girl from Cardiff OPC. The following Specs:

Arctic Silver.

Metropole blue leather.

Carbon fibre pack.

Switchable sports exhaust.

Rear wiper.

My wish list is for the BOSE upgrade and there will be probably a few others. This waiting is killing me!!!!!

I went on the reg transfer site and they have 911 AS after spending what I have £15K is too steep for a few letters!!!!

I will post a few pics.

Cheers Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48258

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back