Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Turbo

Iain Wilson

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/A8353AA9-AF59-9F83-EAFE818D23DF1FD8.jpg
Hi everyone, I have been meaning to post a pic of my 1981 Turbo, for almost two years, it's extensively modified and I bought it to replace my 87 Carrera, which I still have, due to laziness. As everyone knows they are two completely different animals, and I am still inclined to keep the 87 car, as the Turbo can be a bit too full-on sometimes.

Anyone with thoughts on this tough decision.

Cheers, IAIN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46933

'81 Turbo, which is becoming rare sight on the roads.. although both are now depreciation proof !

or keep the one that is the most reliable !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46964

Cheers. I would take the carrera anywhere knowing it would never let me down. the Turbo on the other hand I am not so confident in, but if I sell her, I would struggle to find another, as you have pointed out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46990

Very nice car mate. Latley I have grown a soft spot for white supercars!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47152

Thanks for that, nearly all my cars have been white, from rs2000's, Golf GTI'S,etc, yet I have read so many times, that white is not a good colour for a 911, dont know what thats all about!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47184

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/A8353AA9-AF59-9F83-EAFE818D23DF1FD8.jpg

bowdown.gif

luurrrv white

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47185

Nice car Iain :lol:

There are some fantastic roads up in Scotland, so my thoughts are .................spoil yourself, keep both of them! Must bring my toy up there again at some point.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47208

Great car! Love them in white...

I'd keep both for as long as you can!

If I had to keep one for frequent use, I'd probably keep the Carrera as it is a bit more manageable, but the 930 must be a real buzz...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47210

Thanks for the advice folks, what a friendly board, I've owned my Carrera for 10 years so obviously I am really fond of it, the Turbo appeals in an altogether different way.

It's kinda like having 2 wee devils whispering in your ear, as to what to do.

Not that I hear voices or anything!!!! lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47346

Iain. Congratulations on the car - looks just great. You may have seen another post I put up ref Tony Bostock's 930 (link hopefully at the bottom of this post). I was wondering if you also had any helpful advice about running and maintaining one of these beasts. I'm after a 'classic car' (i.e.over 25 years old), which I intend to maintain myself and run as a weekend toy. How have you got on with yours? running costs? spares? etc.? I was worried to read that you are "not so confident" in your 930. Need to know if I am getting myself into something that's just too complicated (for that read 'expensive'), and whether I should be looking at a 3.2 Carrera instead.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)
. Thanks. Toby.

http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=14&TopicID=4341&PagePosition=1

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47530

I would love to keep two cars! But the parking in Japan is what annoys me! GBP 250 -350 per month! I had 2 997's recently, it was great fun, artic silver for work (loaner car), basalt black (my car) for evening's!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47556

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 02 March 2006

I would love to keep two cars! But the parking in Japan is what annoys me! GBP 250 -350 per month! I had 2 997's recently, it was great fun, artic silver for work (loaner car), basalt black (my car) for evening's!
It costs you £250 per month just to park a car. That is seriously expensive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 47640

Lifes to short!!

Keep them both!

Whisper whisper I hear those voices too! My ickle 944 is still "waiting" to be sold cough cough!! But I love it although the 996 is nice too obviously!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48510

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back