Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where's the Porsche Boxster Crew?

DangerMan

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, i have come to drool over Porsches for 18months while i run down my Insurance bill before hopefully buying a Boxster on graduation.

I know this is a 911 forum, but it seems to be the most happening non-American Porsche forum around, but where are all the Boxster Boys and Girls? I mean, don't get me wrong, the 911 is a lovely car, but i've not quite ascended to that kind of status yet!! I'm more of a young show-off than a got-it-made kind of guy. Where can i find fellow drop-top poser beautiful people???????????????? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46411

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DangerMan on 22 February 2006

Where can i find fellow drop-top poser beautiful people???????????????? :D

Have you tried the local hair salon??? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46415

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rich Jones on 22 February 2006

Previous poster said:

Where can i find fellow drop-top poser beautiful people???????????????? :D

Have you tried the local hair salon??? :wink:

LOL. Yes i have and its full of MG TF lower life forms with their pathetic 130 BHP donkey's.

So, i've had a few views, but its awfully quiet around here. Have i stumbled across a Boxster/911 turf war, do 911 drivers see the Boxster crew as fake Porsche Drivers? (- if so, i love that own-brand snobbery, i'm going to fit right in amongst this Porsche culture!!! :lol: )

Or is it just my harsh brashness that higher society fears?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46417

Is it half term already ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46420

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 22 February 2006

That was last week Warren

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46421

Not round here it isn't

The shops are full of scally kids :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46424

What you smoking, send me some :twisted:

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46426

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 22 February 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 22 February 2006

That was last week Warren
Maybe he's playing truant.........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46427

Welcome!

There are a few Boxster owners passing through from time to time...

Bear in mind when it is time for you to buy that you can buy a 911 for same as or less than a Boxster! Just a thought. We'll do our best to convert you. :lol:

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46441

nothing wrong with the boxster, in fact the new one and old ones were rated the best handling cars in their class.

I nearly ordered a new boxster but i told my friends about it and they laughed at me.

The only other problem with a boxster for me is that its not a 911. I thought long and hard about it but its got to be a 911 for me.

cheers

ps: why are you so proud of being a big headed show off? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46442

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Lee Bollom on 22 February 2006

nothing wrong with the boxster, in fact the new one and old ones were rated the best handling cars in their class.

I nearly ordered a new boxster but i told my friends about it and they laughed at me.

The only other problem with a boxster for me is that its not a 911. I thought long and hard about it but its got to be a 911 for me.

cheers

ps: why are you so proud of being a big headed show off? :)

In response to you and Robert B:

Both 911's and Boxsters are excellent (the best imo) cars in terms of beauty, prestige, technical ability and sexual magnetism. However i'm not what you'd call a "drivers driver" i'm more of a "drivers poser" :D
, so i'd be paying more for drivabilty that i wouldn't use/would use to kill myself and a roof i can't put down. If i were actually a good driver, who wanted to go batting round a track sometimes, i would go for the older 911 probably. I'll be working on a budget of about 11-14k for the car so it'd be quite an old 911 as well and i think i'd rather go for the more modern Boxster that i'd get, although some of the old 911's look really good, i'm too young to pull off the 'classic' look. By the time i come into the game i could probably get a decent Boxster S for that money?

Why did your buddies laugh at you? Who are these friends and what do they drive?

I'm not proud of it, i'm just warning you for future reference!!!! :D

In response to half term boy:

I'm at uni - its half term whenever i say :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46451

Is half term in York this week:

Good: Only ten minute drive to work. :D

Bad: Everywhere else is full of kids :(

mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46462

Previous poster said:

. Where can i find fellow drop-top poser beautiful people???????????????? :D
You could try the Porsche Club GB Forum (you need to register first) - they have a separate section for Boxster over there.
http://www.porscheclubgbforum.com/

good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46466

yea, have a word with Maurice in their 993 section :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46473

This isn't Ferraris Rule on another wind up is it? Sounds like his style

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46477

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member