Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How imporant is A/C

Daniel

Donnington
I did not know they made a 993 without A/C ?

How important is it for re-sale do you think ??

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45383

c'mon Dan - stop looking at buying a 911 with the view as to its re-sale value - buy the car YOU want - cos this time round your never gonna sell it are you? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45385

Good point...

You know what its like, once bitten twice shy !

I fancy a silver or arena red one, (had Black).. Just so unsure !! Do I go carrera 2 or 4 ?

I think I am going Mad ! feels like I am back where I was a year ago, trying to work out what I want !

Dan :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45388

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 10 February 2006

c'mon Dan - stop looking at buying a 911 with the view as to its re-sale value - buy the car YOU want - cos this time round your never gonna sell it are you? :wink:
indeed !

btw, it's important but it doesn't always work on a 993 !

and the car is lighter without it....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45389

and hotter.....................

i would take arean red or silver, but just a C2.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45395

Seen a, 1996/N, Carrera 2, 87,000 miles, 4 owners, “A/C”, sunroof, service history(not all OPC) arena red metallic, up for £21,995 !! which sound the ticket !!

But I cant get to look at it till next Thursday, So I just pray they don’t sell it !

Went to look at a 95/N C4 done 90,000, with 6 owners, what a pile of poo !!! was up at £22,495 !

Seen one on e-bay, 95/M but NO, A/C
!! (hence the start of the post !)

Keep your eyes out boys..

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45409

Stupid ! question- can A/C be fitted !!

Go Easy on me, if I am being a co*k !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45410

Hugely expensive to retro fit

But can be done, approx cost prob £2 - £3k for a decent job

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45414

AN EASY RETRO FIT.....

2DD74DDD0ABD4C35A9853829C411A55F.jpg

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45416

Well, If you intend to drive your 993 this Summer (assuming we do actually get a decent Summer this year), I suggest trying to find one WITH the aircon fitted.

It can get pretty uncomfortble in there on a hot day...due to a combination of crap ventilation, and hot oil pipes that run inside the drivers side sill (on a RHD car)...Oh and all the sunroof seems to do is suck in hot air from the engine :evil: :(

You have been warned. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45420

Rubbish! Install RSR's (or louder boxes), open all windows, drive everywhere fast, instant a/c, plus a big smile on your face everytime you floor it 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45423

Yeah...that's what i did when mine packed up last summer! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45435

My sunroof used to stop working, a good tip, is to take the relay out of the box give it a shake and then put it back in. Always worked for me.

Really as for air con, its poo in a 911, even the 996 is crap, sunroof is a must on any everyday 911.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45436

So,

Given the choice, would you buy a 993 with-out A/C ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45438

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back