Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

what a finish on my 993 cab

walt mcdermott

Silverstone
Lads,

Fairly new to the forum as i just recently bought myself a 993c2 cab anyway found myself with a few free days last week so decided to get some elbow grease into the paintwork and treated myself to some meguiars products, i found the results outstanding and wanted to share with you.

1, meguiars scratch x ( removes light scratches and swirls ) easy to put on but hard polishing required to get it off.

2, meguiars paint renovator (easy on but again hard to get off)

3, meguiars polish (easy on easy off)

4 meguiars carruba wax (easy on easy off)

done the job over 4 days spending around 2 hours each day on each coat i found the results outstanding, deep wet gloss showroom shine everyone comments on it.

i bought all these products from my local halfords for around £30 well worth the money, first time i have used meguiars usually use autoglym deep resin polish but meguiars hammers it in the shine dept.

also for the hood i used autoglyms hood cleaner and hood protecter products brought the hood up like new. £18 cost from local motor factors

regards walt 993c2 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45235

yes, I would be very interested in the pictures

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45285

I agree, Meguiars takes some beating in terms of good results, minimum effort (now you've done the prep!). I was particularly impressed with ScratchX. My only criticism of the NXT I use is that the finish does't seem to last like the carnauba Uberwaxes...

Let's see some pics!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45296

Meguiars does give the results, but as Robert says, it just does not last.

Next time try a good quality hard carnauba wax to finish off and you will see and feel a difference to the finish which will last.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45456

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back