Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaking 993 C4

Stevie Baron

Hi Guys,

I am new here but have a tech question about our 993 C4 (97 P).

THe car makes a creaking noise when moving over speed humps or uneven ground at slow speeds. Sound to me like a suspension bush issue. Can anyine shed light as we are looking to sell her and need her in tip top condition before we offer her for sale. She has only 59000mls and gets very little use (400 mls in 18 months).

Thanks in advance guys.

Stevie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44132

My seat runners creaked til I greased them and there is also a possibility of creaking from the windscreen rubbers - cured with a silicon strip(?) application.
Sounds like you have bush creaks - try driving over a mild weekend and see if lack of use has contributed to it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44137

Hi Stevo,

I am sure that lack of use hasnt helped. I am pretty sure it isnt seats or windscreen as the noise is suspension but will get it looked at if it persists.

Thanks,

Stevie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44155

Almost certainly the rubber bushes where the anti-roll bars attach to the body. Most likely front ones.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44183

this will definitely be the front anti roll bar bushes , the way to verify this is to disconnect the anti roll bar links and move the bar it will creak if this is the problem , either take the bushes off and use a rubber grease or change the bushes , i have had lots of these dry bushes and they make a noise over bumps, sleeping policemen etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44215

Some dodgy garages will just tape them up instead of replacing them.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44225

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back