Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Arena Red ??

Daniel

Hi

May I say you looked like you all had a great day at Silverstone, wish I could of come down..

Need some advice on Colour –

I have always loved the Arena Red on the 911/993 Turbo !

But have never thought of one in a standard body !!

My choice has always been

1-
Black

2-
Dark Blue

3-
Silver

And having only had a C4, and looking at a C2 will I notice a lot of difference..

(remember I have never owned a rear wheel drive before)

Hope you all well..

Arena Red, What you think ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43777

Personally, I love Arena red. But then I'm biased!

It is a colour which looks different in different lights which is good, but looks a bit dull when dirty.

I have not driven a 993 C4, but reports seem to say you get more understeer with the C4, but safer handling in extremis, faster point to point and heavier steering feel, with the ABD traction control thingy thrown in. There may be less 'boot' space (dunno if that applies to the 993, but defo the 996).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43779

Have to agree with you Dan, 1, 2 & 3 in any order. For some reason, Arena Red has never done it for me although I think it looks stunning on a Jag or Aston. Interestingly, on the Top Gear jolly to the Isle of Mann, they took the Aston and the BMW in their versions of Arena Red but the 997 was silver. IMO, the 997 looked the best.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43780

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 23 January 2006

with the ABD traction control thingy thrown in.
also available on a C2 as well........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43781

hmm... I know, I think it looks the bees knees on the turbo !!

I don't think I can re-call seeing a 993 in Arena Red on the road !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43783

Certainly fair to say that silver will wear the miles better- my 33k mile Targa needed a front end respray to get rid of the chips but then I am a bit fussy. All dark metallics are a bit of a nightmare to maintain...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43784

Yea,

I have a 99k C4, that had spent all its life on the M25 ! there was a few chips on that too !

do you have any pics of your Arena red one ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43785

just had an arena red 993 C4 Coupe

ex concours winner of the SW PCGB Concours

Zymoled to death for the last 5 years

Wasn't my favourite colour,

But when you park it beside silver and blue cars, it looks so refreshingly different,

Sold it to an old customer who was going to buy a Blue 993 C4 that was in the pipeline.

His words

'' Its nice to see car thats not silver or grey, its such a nice change''

Start of a new fashion?

theres talk that Porsche are selling more and more guards red cars

and that white is the'' new silver''

Also just bought a beautifull 993 C4 Cab in arena

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43786

Whats a 85k miles C2 worth in Arena, 95/M (272 bhp)

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43788

I think Arena Red looks stonking on the fat bottomed girl !! :)

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Br7.jpg

(sorry, not the brightest day!)

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43805

And...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Br3s(3).jpg

...I'm clearly biased!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43806

I could not agree with you more, but not sure on how it looks in the narrow body !

I can’t remember seeing one on the road…

I know if I was looking at a ‘S’ or turbo that would be the colour for me.

Any one have any idea what a 95/M done 85k (285bhp) C2 would be worth ?

Dan

(P.S. Great looking car)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43815

Dan, after reading about your heartache regarding the loss of your previous Porker, glad to see you are on your way to another....! :)

Good luck with the search, going by pics, i think Arena Red looks great on 993s. And just to echo Mark's point, I have seen 3 different 997s in Guards Red last couple of weeks...

...and what about this?!
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00549194f00000001.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43828

re the value

depends on the condition

plus does it need clutch? wishbones? discs & pads? tyres?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43829

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 23 January 2006

Hi

May I say you looked like you all had a great day at Silverstone, wish I could of come down..

Need some advice on Colour –

I have always loved the Arena Red on the 911/993 Turbo !

But have never thought of one in a standard body !!

My choice has always been

1-
Black

2-
Dark Blue

3-
Silver

And having only had a C4, and looking at a C2 will I notice a lot of difference..

(remember I have never owned a rear wheel drive before)

Hope you all well..

Arena Red, What you think ?

Dan

Any colour is fine, as long as it isnt Silver, (so said the girls from Piston heads I met in the bar the night before Silverstone) according to them all drivers of Silver Porsches were sad B**ers, who loved themselves, so I asked where seal grey left me, and was told that I was no better. :(

With regards the diffrence between 2 and C4 then here I can talk from experience, having owned both 996 and 993 C2s and now a 996C4, and also tracked both.

If you drive a C4 flat out on a track and are not a pro, you will get around the track quicker with more control. A C4 is happy in all weatheres and gives you confidence always, a C2 you have to be careful in the greasy wet conditions which we get a lot of in the UK.

With regards the diffrence to drive, on a dry day when you feel like giving the car some go, you can barely feel the diffrence as the C4 is set up only to give a small amount of power to the front wheels unless you are in trouble.

Hope this helps,

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43831

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back