Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.2 s/s heat exchangers

Paul Ridgley

Hi all........

I have a 1985 3.2 supersport with a stainless steel twin outlet rear box, which was on the car when i purchased it. The heat exchangers are mild steel, and are starting to blow which is making it sound really noisey and not nice.

I want to go the S/S route with exchangers and intermediate pipe and keep the original back box. What make of exhaust is recomended?? and from where do i get it please??

Design 911 have a SSI!! what is that??

Many thanks

P

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42781

I have a Power Marques twin out S/S system on my SC. Was on it when i bought it.

http://www.powermarques.co.uk/sports%20ex.htm

It sounds good, i think a full S/S exhaust comes in at around £1000, so with the back box already, you should be looking at £700ish...

Just for my information, how does a supersport differ froma Carrera 3.2 (other than the wide body).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42810

Guy, the main difference is obviuosly wide body front and rear (incl. bumpers and front lower spoiler).

Turbo brakes and suspension all round, bigger rear spoiler, and she has also got leather sport`s seats (bigger lumber and side suports).

Plus it should (and will have) 7" & 9" turbo fuch wheels.....

The car is in the body shop at the mo. having some rusty spots done, and i also have a set of original fuch`s wheels being re painted...... So if you want a set of mint 17" cup, with 2x brand new tyres i have some :wink:

Before getting the supersport, which happened by chance, i drove a copule of 3.2`s, and have noticed the s/s feels heavier and not as nimble to drive, and you always tend to breath in when going through a narrow gap...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42857

Thanks for that. I know that my next 911 (whatever it is) will be a widebody.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43557

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back