Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driven a Cayman?

Parts

Banned
Has anyone had a drive in the new Cayman yet?

Intrigued to know just how good it is.

My neighbour should get one for the weekend in the next fews weeks and I am looking forward to having a spin in it! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41939

Oh yes yes yes!! :wink:

It was fantastic! Of course I can only compare it to a 16 year old 911, but would have one tomorrow if funds permitted. The power was there as soon as you touched the accelerator and it just seemed to keep on going. Very easy to drive, but I did notice that the gears are very close together and I struggled a couple of times to get 3rd. After playing in the Cayman for about an hour, I played with one of the Boxsters in the showroom and I was really surprised how dark it was in the cabin compared to the cayman.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41945

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 06 January 2006

for some reason i'm getting a "when Harry met Sally" flashback here :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41954

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 06 January 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 06 January 2006

for some reason i'm getting a "when Harry met Sally" flashback here :wink:

Roddy cant say I have ever seen it, can you enlighten me

Daz. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41958

boy meets girl,falls in luv with girl she fakes her orgasms and they live happily ever after

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41960

Previous poster said:

boy meets girl,falls in luv with girl she fakes her orgasms and they live happily ever after
And girls really do that????????????? :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41961

well so my wife tells me :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41962

Previous poster said:

Not what she tells (no thought better of it) :wink:

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41963

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 06 January 2006

Previous poster said:

Not what she tells (no thought better of it) :wink:

Daz.

OI!!!!!!!! :evil: :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41964

What a pair you 2 are!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41965

Anyway Rodders, I had a fab time in my C4S tonight, on the way back from London, she is so powerful between 5750 rpm and 7000 rpm, and the noise so crisp. Now that is sex car sex.

Daz :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41966

anyway back on to cayman's.................noticed the Cayman for sale has suddenly FO'd :wink:

and back on-topic again.................haven't driven one yet but we had a wee drive beginning of December up Nairnside(near Invernesshire) with a convoy of 2x993 C4's 1x996C4S 1x986 2.7 and the local OPC's dealer demo Cayman S..............lets just say it showed its mettle in the twisties and was always up at the front as lead car(a few scary moments too) even had mine airborne a couple of times..........but its not a 911....yet!!................tho the 996C4S that was in our convoy had the sports exhaust and sounded sublime!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41967

Previous poster said:

anyway back on to cayman's.................noticed the Cayman for sale has suddenly FO'd :wink:
I guess it is the mystery that may never be solved, :wink:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41968

OK, so on the Cayman.....it's butt is still wrong......not a patch on a nice wide body 911 in whatever form you like it...other than that quite like it..just don't think I'd be happy with it after a 911...it's well not a 911....& for some reason I don't really like the interior appearance (ditto the 997)...the 996 seems right to me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41970

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 06 January 2006

OK, so on the Cayman.....it's butt is still wrong......not a patch on a nice wide body 911 in whatever form you like it...other than that quite like it..just don't think I'd be happy with it after a 911...it's well not a 911....& for some reason I don't really like the interior appearance (ditto the 997)...the 996 seems right to me.

Aggree mostly, apart from the interior, think it is a nice place to be.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41971

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reesy
Back