Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C4S on Pistontwats

Nitrous

Silverstone
Guys,

Just noticed this vehicle on Pistontwats. It is also advertised on Ebay - well, relisted.

I kinda like it but......it's a Cat D....how bad is that really? Just panel damage acording to the seller but no pics or Documented evidence to back that up.

Does anyone know this car by any chance?

Your views appreciated.

MK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41480

Cat D

still means it was written off

I.E Not economical to repair

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41481

And that says enough for me...........cheers Mark!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41482

big money for cat d, to consider you must have detailed pictures of repair before and after. remember cat d always difficult to sell on from experience repaired cars never as good after repair. for the money they're asking you could buy a mint low mileage narrow body instead. nice looking car though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41483

My C4S recently became a dmaged repairable, Cat C I believe. The salvage Co paid £14k for it, the estimate to repair was £20k. That adds up to £34k, so to sell it with any profit, somebody would have to cut corners on the repair cost, s/hand panels etc. So dont buy P928TMA :wink:

Cat D does not always mean beyond economical repair.

Repairable salvage
. Minimal damage sometimes stolen and found after claim has been paid, or cost of repair combined with difficulty obtaining new parts to enable a swift repair.

My Insuarance Co agreed to pay me out in full, partly due to the courtesy car costing them £1000 / week, like for like courtesy car..!

Graham

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41484

Nice one Graham -

I was thinking that it is about 10k light for a RHD C4S with 70k - we know you will sell it for less at some stage - but sounds like a cheap way to get a drive for a year or two as long as it has been properly repaired....

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41521

well maybe worth getting an OPC PPI..........to see if its kosher..........surely if it was badly done they'd pick up on stuff like uneven tyre wear and bent chassis

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41527

Would be worth having a look and getting an inspection if its OK. Looks a little pricey though, purely from the perspective of resale at some point.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41546

Nitrous

There was a big write up about Insurance total losses in May 2005 911 & PorscheWorld. If you want a copy (by fax?) send me a PM

Out of interest the article described a category D as

Minimal damage (panel damage or recovered after being stolen) and thus repairable. Often lower-value vehicles

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41547

Really interesting article Robert. Answered a few questions for me. Maybe that 993 C4S could be a good buy if everything checks out fine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41567

I guess the way the seller words his email responses to me makes me a bit suspicious. Calling me 'M8', 'some Porsche dudes with a Porsche bible came to look at it' and 'the car is a sound set of wheels' does not give me a warm feeling......

MK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41568

Only you can be the judge of that really. Go and look at it and decide for yourself and take someone with you to play devils advocate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41576

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back