Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1974 911 Purschase

Fingers

Imola
Guys, I am probably going to buy a 1974 911 on Friday morning this week. Its old but looks great in the photo's I have seen. Of course the 997 will be the daily driver and the 911 classic will be my weekend toy - might use it for the occasional commute.

First time I am considering a 70's car, any advice on what I should check / be concerned with would be really really appreciated!

Cheers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41155

I cant really help on mechanics etc but on pure looks Id go a couple of years earlier 1972 ideally an S spec for me it just presses more buttons. Ive said before Id swap my 993 for a good 72 S IF I could rely on it for everyday use.

Way to go 997 for commuting and a 70's for weekend fun, cool!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41159

Hi Martyn, I would love a '72S too! BUT, I have been looking a while and this motor I have got my eyes on looks very nice! I actually missed out on a '96 Lapis Blue Targa, I got the wifes OK, went back to the dealership only to find out it was gone!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41162

Check out
www.psautoart.com

Could be the ideal solution for anyone looking for daily reliability combined with '70s 911 style... need deep pockets though I suspect!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41165

servo,
check all the big bits, engine , gearbox etc, they are quite robust but age is against you, the up side is parts are cheap, and the cars by porsche stds cheap to put right.
daz
c4s

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41204

RUST and then look for some more RUST and if you cant find any then they are lying....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41215

db,
i had rust on my 993 around the headlights & the door trim, well bublles,
daz
c4s

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41219

Thanks for the advice guys! I will let you know how I go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41230

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back