Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman - again

smtk

Paul Ricard
Having had a look at the one in AFN chiswick and seen them on motoring shows. I find my self liking the car

So i when and built one via the porka configuator
Black/Cinamon (i like that color for some reason), with those multi spoke wheels

it looks soo nice
cayman.jpg

Then i sore the price. Also in the back of my mind is the though of DSG that might come to the cayman.

I find my self loving the car but hating the way porsche marketed it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40238

thought that was a pic of the 997tt for a minute there... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40241

so how much did you get it up to on the "build-a-porsche" webpage..........i have a mate who got up to £56k on a 987 and then thought better spending that sort of money(and some!!!!) on a 996 C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40242

£54ish

But thats with leaving out things i'd like bose etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40243

SMTK - I saw one in the flesh yesterday (going down Putney Hill) - absolutely lovely.

But VFM is very important to me - if it had been marketed at 5-10k cheaper than the Boxster like it should be I would have bought one. As discused on this site before, if you have 50k to spend, buy a used GT3.

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40268

I love the look of the car, but £54K is steep, not sure I would want to go to that figure when there are 911's for that price.

Anyway, one of my neighbours works in marketing for Porsche (Carrera Cup, I think), I'll let him know your thoughts.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40274

According to Porsche 911 World, the cayman is up to 20% cheaper to make than the Boxster yet 10 - 20% more expensive.

Clever old Porsche :eek:

Daz.
C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40276

seemingly IF and WHEN they do take out a stripped out clubsport version it'll be dearer

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40277

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 16 December 2005

seemingly IF and WHEN they do take out a stripped out clubsport version it'll be dearer
Ah, but less is more...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40279

changed days from the 968 CS tho

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40283

When i say marketed it i mean its market position (price, what’s included, speed)

I think they should have made it 5k more expensive than the Boxster if they wanted it mid ranged car.

Plus what is this crap about nothing being standard no full leather no xenon’s no LSD (at all). You know I would have bought one, but the price is laughable (if it was just off the pace of a 911 then maybe but its not).

When I look at the price and the car I get the same feeling when some builders quote me I feel like rolling on the floor laughing. Which btw is the main is what all your friends will be doing.

I love Porsche but this is a step to far.

-=EDIT=- I just realise if a builder quoted me £11K for a roof 1m by 1m i'd think i'd had to kick him square in the nuts

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40325

I visited OPC Reading today, and I agree, it is a very tasty looking car. For a moment, it made the 997 look a bit bland until I thought "what am I thinking!"

It is very expensive though- with a few decent options, you are looking at £50k, which will buy you a loverly 996 C4S...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40332

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back