Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Importing a 993

Daniel

Donnington
Just an idea,

Has any of you imported an 993 ?

RHD, so hong kong would be the kind of area I would look to get one from, and are the spec's the same ?

Would this work out alot cheaper ?

(I am wishing I had never sold my 993, now :(

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38767

tbh i'd think shipping costs might wipe out any if at all savings on sourcing one here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38769

hmm..

But a cant afford a uk one !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38770

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 25 November 2005

hmm..

But a cant afford a uk one !

Dan

are they that much cheaper in HK tho?.................i know 911virgin has a 94/95 M 993 C4 for £25k tops or £23k with their millenium bug price

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38771

I just sold My 993 C4 96/P done 102k for £19k ! cos my girlfriend left me and I needed the money.

wishing I had not now...

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38772

How about LHD Dan?

Seen some great LHD buys in the UK. Narrow body C2 seem to fetch between £17k and £21k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38773

Looks a cheap car... not sure about the colour !

Dan

should I go to Germany and get one ? whould this work out cheaper..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38776

No necessarily. LHD in their own home market are going to be more in demand than a LHD here in the UK.

Take a look at the prices of 993s in Germany at the moment - hardly cheap!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38783

The Germans are starting to come over here now as even LHD cars over there especially 993's are getting quite expensive. I looked into getting a lhd to take to Spain and one that I enquired about had about three Germans comming over just to look at it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38784

Oh Ok !

Did not know they were coming over here !!

What is a LHD like for re-sale ?

or should I stick to the 1st Plan a boxster..RHD.

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38789

Mate you've sold your other 993 and you're already thinking about selling a second???!!! Thought you'd learned your lesson!! :?

Seriously though a LHD is bound to be more tricky to sell in the UK, but you could always sell it to Europe. Really depends on how long you intend to hold onto the car I'd say. If this is a short term prospect, maybe LHD isn't a good option. Long term I'd say it's definitely the best choice.

Same points apply to to Boxster. If you're after a short term ownership prospect it'll be fine. Long term which would you rather have - Boxster or 993? I know which I'd rather go for!!! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38793

of course nows the best time to buy the boxster with all the crappy weather,then sell it on at thefirst signs of spring/summer...............you shouldn't lose too much if anything

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38796

you will have to start using the boxter forum though as you will get loads of abuse here......only joking.....How much are you budgeting for Daniel??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38804

Hi Dan

This is for sale at lhdporsche 24K!!

No i'm not on commission, just saw this and thought sounds like a bit of you!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38814

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back