Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lowering 964...question

simon sutton

pondering lowering my 964 C4 but not sure exactly how much work is involved. Car is absolutely standard ride and I would prefer it to sit a bit lower (especially at the front). Does it require full suspension, just springs, or (like motorbikes) simply winding down the factory set up?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38650

I don't own a 964, but I am fairly sure that if your springs are adjustable / extensible you already have some trick parts fitted - ie. ride height will not be adjustable as standard -

Shorter springs most probably required, maybe a set of fresh shocks to complete the package - but I am sure someone else will have done this already?

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38665

Simon,

You have a couple of options.

1.) There is some adjustability on the factory set up (if I remember rightly). Probably best done by a pro though.

2.) Replace just the springs. There are several manufacturers who make a lowering spring kit (H&R for example - about £200 I think).

3.) If you're still on the original shocks they will be knackered. Chuck them and get a matched set of shocks and springs. H&R do a kit (Bilstein HD shocks with matching springs) This is what I have and it's great. The kit is available for about £700 for all four corners. More expensive is the fully adjustable Porsche PSS9 kit which costs about £1200, but is a bt un-necessary IMO.

Personally I would recommend the H&R shock and spring kit, followed by a full 4 wheel alignment and corner balance. It will be like night and day in terms of handling and makes the car look much lower and more purposeful.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38667

if you do go ahead with suspension changes i can thoroughly recommend Star-Performance in Kirkcaldy for setting the suspension and/or fitting it.................used them for my Corrado and not had a single issue with tyre wear etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38681

thanks guys for the info, car is going into MOTORTUNE, Shotts on Saturday for a bit of investigation! The proprietor agrees with Jamie's suggestion that the factory setup SHOULD be adjustable to some extent but needs to look at them first. Priced up some springs, EIBACH for about £230 inc VAT and PP seems very reasonable.

Guy at MOTORTUNE suggested getting each corner re-alligned and balanced as the camber is affected so he really knows his stuff!! Will let you know the outcome...now, how the heck do I post pics on here???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38685

Ah the old pics posting problem, I have grappled with myself, now this is what you do:-

1. Sit down and pour yourself a whisky.
2. Make sure your pictures are below 100k in size.
3. Put the pictures in a folder so that you can use the browse feature on point 4
4. Press the Up button in the above tool bar.
5. Drink some whisky.
6. Upload the picture and copy the address of the picture using right click mouse and copy.
7. Press the tree icon in the above tool bar and paste the address of the picture in to it.
8. The picture should appear in your post.
9. Drink some more whisky.
10. Admire your handy work.

I got this whole thing wrong so many times in the past that I almost becaume a platimum member through mis posts.

Hope this helps.

Daz.

C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38704

Please parton my spelling, as I cant type for c***.

Daz.
C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38706

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back