Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

chassis plate wanted

Claire Graves

I have a classsic porsche and would like to know if I can get a new chassis plate made. Is there anybody out there who makes plates for porsches?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38426

how classic claire?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38427

Isn't that illegal without the V5? And aren't the plates non-ferrous? What a suspicious lot we are.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38448

i would have thought first port of call would be Porsche...................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38455

You've got a good point there Jock. It strikes me that it ought to be illegal for someone other than a manufacturer to make a chassis plate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38477

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 22 November 2005

You've got a good point there Jock. It strikes me that it ought to be illegal for someone other than a manufacturer to make a chassis plate.

OI!!!!................don't u start..................with yer political uncorrectness :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38481

So Rodders, how come it was a thread from a lady and you weren't the first to answer? Looks like you've got a rival as the 911UK Lothario :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38482

In all seriousness, Claire, does it have a plate at the moment that you just want to make look better for, say concourse reasons? If it doesn't, you should be asking why not?

If you're trying to make a racer road legal..........................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38484

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 22 November 2005

So Rodders, how come it was a thread from a lady and you weren't the first to answer? Looks like you've got a rival as the 911UK Lothario :twisted:

sorry but i can't compete with Warren,his 911 and his swiss bank account.................don't think me,my 911 and my Bank of Scotland current account quite cut it with the ladies

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38505

one does have to be careful of telling stranges how to get hold of this stuff because you never know there reasons

However Claire if you need a plate replaced ask an OPC

But an explanation to why you need the plate would be intresting, because i cant think of a legit reason for getting it replaced.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38509

Any one there ? :|

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38512

Gosh, I have never been on a forum before and didn't know I would get a reply so quickly - thank you all. I bought a 1980SC last year and when I bought it I got it HPI'ed and contacted porsche who were incredibly helpful and confirmed the original (unusual) colour and spec of the car so I know its full history. The chassis number is embossed on the car by the engine but when I got it MOT'ed the MOT station noted the plate was not on the car. It turns out that it had had some body work and the plate was lost. One of my friends built a replica c-type so I know there are people who make chassis plates for classic jaguars so I thought there may be someone who does one for porsches, it never occurred to me that it could be illegal I guess I will have to take it to my local dealership (I was just trying to find a low cost option). I am sorry for being quiet but I have a new baby (sorry guys) and time for myself is rare. I have had some new seat belts made to fit a baby seat in the front and she loves riding in it - she must have good taste - Does anyone know where I can get a porsche babygrow?

Claire

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38515

Well that will shut us all up!

If this is for real, then 911uk has really become a family forum. GT3's with child seats. 6 year olds that understand turbo lag. Baby carriers for the front seats (obviously not sport editions) What next ?

Ah, Porsche' baby grows. What every mum wants for Xmas. :D

Next meet will have to be a picnic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38517

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back