Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PRIVATE PLATE FOR SALE

rrd05

NUMBERPLATE "HE5 2 SXY" FOR SALE

I know it's a bit cheeky but it's true for some of us Porsche owners :wink:

£1995 ono.

Email me at:
[email protected]
or reply to this thread.

Thanks.

porsche24qy.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38031

I'm amazed at how often I see mis-represented registration numbers given that it is illegal, it constitutes an MOT failure and the DVLA can withdraw and confiscate the number with no compensation. Personally I think it's harmless fun, but I wouldn't risk it if I had paid megabucks for a PP. Do any of our 911UK legal eagles have a view on this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38035

Well I've driven round in my other car (an Audi TT 3.2 DSG :oops: ) for the last couple of years with another personalised reg where I've moved one digit and I've never had any comments from the Police or whoever (i've actually seem them smiling at it when i've stopped at zebra crossings) asking me to move the digit.

I know it's not strictly legit, but it's not like some of the ropey ones you see where people have to put screws through a number or sticky tape over a letter to represent something completely different.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38037

I've been using the plate XIGGE (formatted exactly like that) on a very small front plate (motorbike size I believe) on my Exige for 4 years, never challenged, though it had to be swapped for a correctly spaced/sized plate to get through the MOT.

I know also that there a number of Elise/Exige owners who don't even have a front plate!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38038

I had to have spare plates made up for my better half's old car for the MOT but that's not an issue now.

The same test centre passed TOY's plate as it is not an every day car.

I haven't been stopped in any of the car's ..... yet ! But I only misplace the numbers, not twist them to suit some desperate attempt at a word.

Funnily enough, it is my own CP that people think is mispaced but is in fact correct :?

B1 WAC would be a good plate for a turbo though??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38040

Even if you'd pumped me full of illegal substances, hit me over the head with a baseball bat, kidnapped my youngest daughter and stuck a rolled-up copy of Total 911 up my jacksy, I still wouldn't give you 50 quid for that plate, let alone £1995.

You should have started your thread "Dear Gullible Posers".

Nice try! :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38041

Well said Neil, as Paddy and Max's camper number plate says, it's BOL 10X.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38042

You're right pneumatic - it's b*llocks!

It's not even an actual number plate stuck on the front of that Porsche - just a mock-up done on what looks like a kids' computer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38044

The new cameras that take your picture at two locations and then calculate your average speed are able to work due to new number plate recognition technology and this same technology will enable the police to recognise and be alerted to illegally formatted number plates in the near future as you drive past the camera.

It can only be a matter of time before the DVLA will start issuing automatic penalties for this offence.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38046

The cops may not bother pulling you for having the plate

But if you do get pull for another reason, they love to find faults with the car to add some sweeteners

Now if some one had the plate 5MTK we could be talking ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38047

Hasn't 'sexy' got an 'e' in it? :?

I think moving number/letters and contrived words are corny. I love the way the advertisers have to explain what some pathetic combination means. If it were that good it would be bleeding obvious. Do people really part with good money for this sort of trash?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38049

Number For Sale HOT 921

This number is one several I own and at the moment it is placed on a Retention Cert.

Cost of the number is £5,750

Or email me
[email protected]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38060

Did anyone see in the Times the other weekend some lot asking £1m (yes you read it right) for FU 2? And someone else was inviting offers for PEN 15...

:eek:

I am pleased to offer my plate M243 NCP for sale...

ideal for someone who owns a car park, or who is called MR AENCP. Offers based on £2,999...

email me on
[email protected]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38072

True, it isn't the actual numberplate on my car as it is currently on retention.

I photoshopped it to show people what it would like.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38093

My mate's got R885 OHE for sale. I don't think he realises what a fab plate he's got because if you attach 24 yellow capped screws and 14 black capped screws, you've got yourself a PORSCHE number plate. £2995 ono.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38100

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back