Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S rear suspension problems

Dan Marsden

Hi, just wondered if anyone here has experienced any problems on the rear suspension of their 997 Carrera S?

My car has suddenly started to become rather wallowing when cornering and in general any normal driving around town, the car just dosnt feel right at all. Its going into the dealer next week for a test drive with a technician to see if they can find anything, but I just thought Id see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Car is an 54 plate (early car) one of the first C2S and has only covered 7k miles.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37825

assuming the tyre pressues are fine.. then you could be unlucky in terms that something has come loose or broken (more like cracked)...

which could be effecting how the Suspension management system makes adjustments on the rear ? unless it is a software PASM fault... assuming you have that options ??

I've heard of front suspension problems but nothing for the rear suspension which sounds more serious..

with such a new car, most problems are captured and contained within the dealer network.. but it would be interesting to see what your OPC says was the problem...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37833

Sounds like a PASM fault to me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37836

if there was a fault on the PASM, wouldnt that show up as an error on the dash? I once had a PASM failer warning on my old 996, but the dealer attributed that to damp conditions!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37842

hmm - i think there is actually a recall on early 997 suspension - best talk to the dealer

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37854

Have a similar car to yours Dan, with similar mileage and no problems here.. does it do it in sport mode as well as normal??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37857

I dont dare try it in sport mode to be honest in case it falls apart!

It might be worth a try. I'll give it a go and see if it makes a difference. Will be interesting to see what this suspension recall is for.

Thanks guys

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37858

I've not heard of this 'recall' does anyone have any details to hand please?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37862

its a technical bulletin - something to do with the strut mounts

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37993

thanks for the info, I dont suppose there is any further info on the web about this? Or is it for Porsche Technicians only?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38249

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back