Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Peter Bird

Monza
Just watched top gear. ooooooooh I want one!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37654

You should want one - the 997 is a truly exceptional car and if Clarkson extracted his head from his bum he'd admit it's the best sports car money can buy. Fat chance.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37656

Want one...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37658

Free Clarkson voodoo doll with every 997? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37659

Considering the AM is meant to be a direct competitor of the 911, they must be worried sick by now. I mean, if it was a fraction of a second difference then you can blame all sorts of reasons, but 6 secs in such a short distance....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37661

not only 6 seconds slower but the 997 is 15 grand cheaper as well

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37663

Richard Hammond ordered the 997 straight after the road test and james has also become a porsche owner. Must be something about them then eh?

Must admit was a little suprised by the gap as I was starting to believe the hype.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37667

Met Hammond at the Brands Hatch (BTCC) last round of the Carrera Cup. He said then that they'd just finished the comparison and that AM came up very short.

I know there's a split opinion on the show but last night's had me laugh out loud a lot. Especially Stig's arrival on the luggage belt. He may be a c#ck himself but it is great telly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37672

Surely being called a
co@k
is a good thing? It suggests strong, hunter-gatherer type male. Presumably as against t*ts, fann%ies and ar$e-holes that buy anything other than a Porsche?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37675

I was really surprised !

OK, I knew the 911 would win the test, especially over the those roads and conditions, but by 6 secs ! Damn ! That think can move !

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. Is the S a wide body version ?

2. Does it have 4 wheel drive ?

IceMan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37676

TG does seem to be more about entertainment now than an analysis of all things motoring. That's probably just as well given the amount of information available to us all now.

As for JC and his view on Porsches, well it was all right when he was knocking Vauxhall! He's not short on opinions and at least he's entertaining. TG's a good show now and the raport between JC, Jame's May and Richard Hammond makes it all the better.

As for the 3 car test, I thought the difference was astonishing. It would have been interesting to see whether the same would prove true in the dry. Did they say whether the tractions control's were engaged or not?

It would be nice to be in the position to have to choose between those three cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37677

No, the S has a standard body with rear-wheel drive, although when you drive one you wonder why they bothered building the Carrera 4 and 4S. The wide bodies (only slightly wider) are used on the four-wheel drive 997 models.

Kev

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37678

TG made me think last night - and I reached for the pile of Eo magazines - in Evo's lap tests the Boxster is 1,5 seconds faster around their track than the latest M5 - even with a power deficit of 225 HP - and 20 Grand cheaper.... fantastic!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37681

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back