Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AAAAAAARGH!!!!...what a muppet

Rodders

Magny-Cours
well got my Xenon kit delivered the other day,started to try and fit it last night,and only managed to flatten my battery :p
...........or i think i have,as i had the bonnet up for 1-2hours while sorting out the xenons(still not fitted as didn't have the right tools),i forgot to switch off the interior lights,so when i went to start it up to move it into the garage,all i got was a rapid series of clicks,tried using a friends car starter pack(just a cheapo one tho) and still the same,..............i take it ive nothing else to worry about other than just a flat battery?.....its not something like a DME relay problem thats surfaced?,my mech mate reckons its just a flat battery as he thought it sounded a bit slow earlier on when starting......................i'm right in assuming too that the 993's battery isn't a different shape to most available batteries either,as i'm just getting one delivered blind so to speak(right ampage etc)........any help appreaciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37556

Sounds like battery. Bosch do good battery for 993 - circa 45 quid. No need to pay more. Size shouldn't be an issue, AFAIA.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37560

The best one to get is a Bosch Silver plus. They were recomended to me by JZM they are about £50 odd. The size is right for the car as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37570

cheers for the replies..............the only thing thats puzzling me tho,if my battery wont start the car,would it still power the front compartment light,as this seems to still go on when i lift the lid

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37574

Maybe enough power for lights, but not for starter motor?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37578

The front compartment light is only a few Watts whereas the starter motor has the largest individual electrical load on the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37580

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 11 November 2005

The front compartment light is only a few Watts whereas the starter motor has the largest individual electrical load on the car.

would it also be enough for the battery to drain with the compartment light and the interior lights on as well tho?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37583

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 11 November 2005

Previous poster said:
would it also be enough for the battery to drain with the compartment light and the interior lights on as well tho?
Absolutely. I did it a while back with the engine lid not quite closed. See similar 'Aaaarghh' post.... :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37585

As you are up in Aberdeen, I think Dingbro have an outlet and they do the Bosch Silver for about £38. Just lie and say you are in the trade

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37631

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Shed17 on 12 November 2005

As you are up in Aberdeen, I think Dingbro have an outlet and they do the Bosch Silver for about £38. Just lie and say you are in the trade

no need to :wink:
..............my mate wrangled one for me via his work,and everything is back to full power!!!..............and as for these xenons..........can't believe the difference,totally makes full beam redundant on dark roads

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37635

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back