Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

turbo look II wheels

smtk

Paul Ricard
Where can i buy these (orignals) for a good price?

Also can i take the tyres of my turbo wheels and fit them on to the these Turbo look II or are they a different tyre size.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37193

Just a note I’m not to incredibly lazy look, just every site that has the wheels are either replicas, come with tires or require you to turn over your first born son

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37198

Turbo wheels for a 911 tend to be 8 on the front and 10 on the back where the turbo II tend to be 11 on the back. If you have 265 tyres on the back then I dont think they will fit but if they are 285 they might but I would run it past someone in the know before you do. Ebay is a good place to find wheels on and there were a set of II's on there recently just check for the genuine porsche number which should start with something like 993 --- --- ---. Genuine II's tend to come with the offsets stamped either side of the valve so thats another give away.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37199

IIRC the 'Mankster' has Turbo II wheels on his 993 S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37202

I havent seen mankster for a while..

Theres lots of repilca wheels for sale for about £650

Are they just as good as the porsche ones? I hated to get something and have it make the car worse

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37204

Good point there smtk !

What is it with replica wheels ? Are they made to the same hight quality as original wheels....BMW, Porsche, etc etc etc???

IceMan

PS. In the past if I have not purchased originals, then I go for a good quality brand.. Mind you they cost about the same as originals if not more !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37207

Thought I saw some in classifieds somewhere... I'll look them up and let you know.

I don't know if there is any difference between Turbo look and actual turbo wheels- i.e. your Turbo wheels are hollow spoke, whereas the 'Turbo look' wheels sold by Porsche were solid spoke and much cheaper.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37209

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by IceMan on 07 November 2005

Good point there smtk !

What is it with replica wheels ? Are they made to the same hight quality as original wheels....BMW, Porsche, etc etc etc???

IceMan

normally aftermarket replicas are a lot heavier than the originals,normally due to a more inexpensive alloy being used,tbh on a road car there's probably nothing to worry about but if yer aim is for the ultimate track car then the weight of the alloys are of more concern..all IMHO

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37218

Roddy,

Just saw your signiture.....Storm ! Nice, had a VR myself and a Storm Rocco !

IceMan

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37223

Ty for the responses, i'm not going to enter the car in the BTCC, but I’m aware about un-sprung mass and its effect on the handling/braking/acceleration. And most of these places don’t give out any info such as weight and manufacturer

So i guess the question is. Where can I find some Porsche wheels (no tyres) for a goodish price :)

Gert selling them but for that price i could get a set with tyres, going to email ess for a quote, worse case it would have to be design911.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37239

Try Jasmine?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37241

Jasmine are a good bet as per Warren M but keep an eye out on ebay as they come up every so often on there. Weight wise replicas can be as much as 1/3 heavier so they can have an effect. I even noticed the difference going from 17" to 18" but as Roddy rightly says it depends on what you are going to do with the car. As you are running a turbo, I think you would not notice any difference even with bricks in place :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37277

well thanks to an unrelated post on here i found some for

£900 (no tires) sound good?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37280

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Por135.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/por6(1).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37283

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member