Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OH...NO!

MarkDXB

Hi All, Thought I'd share the first 10,000kms with you...
The cars been fantastic, a pleasure to drive to work everyday. Dropped it in for a 70k service Minor one, no dramas but at 72k I noticed it was struggling in 2nd gear low RPM. Turned out to be the airflow sensor so I had it changed and we were back in tip top shape.....
600km later i.e today i took it out to the shops and about 300m from my house we have a speed bump. Slowed down and as I glanced in the rear view I noticed some smoke from the rear.... Rolled home with no unusual noised sounds but the temp gauge light was on reading 80-90. When I stopped to my horror it looked like the back end was on fire....smoke pouring out accompanied with (naturally) a bad burning smell but not the smell of oil.. Looking down the drive there was a trail of what I can only assume was coolant and the back of the car was covered in it. I'm not sure however as it has a "greasy" texture to it......After a few hrs I pulled the dipstick and there's oil in present with a blackish tinge but no sign of water but I guess I'm just comforting myself here....
Gutted!!! Have to call the tow truck in the morning and I hope to god its something like a blown hose......Fingers crossed anyway!.
Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36582

No flames Sundeep but it had me seriously worried that it was going to "pop"......

Sleepless night tonight!

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36586

I meant to update, It appears it was the water pump which went and consequently emptied on the engine/exhaust.............All fixed and back on the road :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38319

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by MarkDXB on 21 November 2005

I meant to update, It appears it was the water pump which went and consequently emptied on the engine/exhaust.............All fixed and back on the road :)
A large phew I guess - glad it wasnt terminal Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38327

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back