Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche to produce X3 competitor

Have to say, and I know most of you wont like it - but it makes me like Porsche a lot less. They are a sports car manufacturer - that's what makes them special. If they want to compete with BMW, fine - but they have to expect brand perception to change dramatically. It's a slippery slope IMO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36065

I agree with you Simon, but I think its down the slope we go as the VW partnership grows...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36068

it could of course be the other way around - due to Porsche's influence VW up's its game.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36069

i can see where Simon's coming from, but at the same time Porsche aren't exactly going in for the kill in the SUV market,if they were there would be a Cayenne TDi......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36072

Don't go there Roddy. Just the thought of an oil burning Porsche makes me go cold

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36074

Oh dear...there'll be a people carrier next based on the Sharon.

Biggest problem I see is that they end up like Mercedes, where the range expands, sales go up & quality goes through the floor. Not the route to go down IMHO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36075

Previous poster said:
Quote: Biggest problem I see is that they end up like Mercedes, where the range expands, sales go up & quality goes through the floor. Not the route to go down IMHO.

That's just how I see it - i.e. emulating Mercedes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36087

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Simon W on 21 October 2005

Have to say, and I know most of you wont like it - but it makes me like Porsche a lot less. They are a sports car manufacturer - that's what makes them special. If they want to compete with BMW, fine - but they have to expect brand perception to change dramatically. It's a slippery slope IMO.
Totally agree. Come Porsche remember your routes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36129

did you guys know about that VW hybrid engine porsche were thinking about putting in the caynne

I quite like the caynne and if i was a family man i'd get one. Hell i'd get one now if i had to space and the money (and there wasnt a face lift coming out)

Also that shot/render of the car is just a wild guess used to peddal mags (A practice i abore)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36132

well the Cayenne V6 has an uprated enlarged 24v version of the engine in my 10 yo Corrado...........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36134

Porsche are mainly in the business of satisfying shareholders. They just happen to make cars.

Of course, they used to make some great sports cars, and they make some pretty good cars now. But they're not quite so special, are they?

BTW, see James May's article in the Torygraph yesterday? The radio in his new Boxster says 'Menue' instead of 'Menu'. Seems like eine kleine *****-up on someone's part. The rest of it is OK, though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36142

Geat!

I own a farm and it will be perfect for towing my 996 out of the mud!

Regards,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36146

No, you need their Cayenne V10 turbodiesel. Or is that a VW? Oh, don't they own...? Doh!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36147

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back