Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dont buy a 993 ..but

chris

Silverstone
can i be very controversial?

dont buy a 993

GET THE 993 TURBO----there is no comparison

makes a 911 look sooooo slow!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35785

would you happen to know anyone who has such a beast for sale btw??? :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35790

yes!! £41k lol

no im being seious - i wouldnt ever have a 993 not turbo!! try one and see!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35794

I will be controversial too- what's the point of the Turbo in today's congested, speed restricted Britain when a standard car gives most of the thrills most of the time?

I rarely use all the performance of my 993, and I can do all sorts of exciting things with the money saved on purchase over a Turbo, and on an ongoing basis with running costs, Insurance...

That said, the Turbo is a superlative car no doubt... but I did try one and I was not seduced.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35807

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 18 October 2005

I will be controversial too- what's the point of the Turbo in today's congested, speed restricted Britain when a standard car gives most of the thrills most of the time?
I have to agree*. But one could track one's Turbo. And they do look kinda gorgeous.

*Cos I'm sensible. Though not in the opinion of my missus, cos I did go and buy a 993 instead of some ordinary-ish modern motor that would be far less costly to own/run...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35811

But perhaps more controversially, why buy a 993 turbo for £45k when you can get a lhd 996 turbo for pretty much the same money. Sure I love that air-cooled symphony, as well as the purity of form and spirit offered by the 993, but come on - a 996 turbo is a better car hands down.

Am I wrong?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35812

Its not how fast you go, but how fast you get there :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35816

£45k puts the 993 TT right into MK1 GT3 territory. Nuff said.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35817

Horses for courses but the 993 Turbo does not float my boat at all. As has been said by others there are better cars for the money.

You don't see 993 Turbos tracked seriously and there is a reason.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35820

It's horses for courses, as ever. I personally agree with Robert, but having driven a couple of 993 TTs you can certainly see their charm :wink:

NA 993s sound alot nicer than the TT though....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35837

Must say there is something appealing about getting from 0-100 in about 10 secs. Even if you aren't allowed to!

And 'tis true the 993 Turbo does look exceptionally good.

Bollox, who am I trying to kid, I'd love one!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35839

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back