Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door 'clunking'

Will Statt

My '97R C4 is pretty well perfect as far as I'm concerned. Everything works as it should... It looks fantastic, and it makes me smile every time I drive it.

However.... it has one annoying little foible. On rough roads... and many of the rural roads round me are roughish, there is a knock or clunk that comes from somewhere near or in the passenger (nearside) door. I've asked JZM to try and find it during my last two services, but they cannot solve it. It's annoying because the car is otherwise rattle-free, and feels totally solid.

Anyone else had similar and solved it?

Many thanks

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34845

Had a similar experience with a rattle nr the glovebox. I spent some time poking around the nooks and crannies looking for lose things, and eventually found a loose nut between the luggage compartment and the scuttle- only visible with a torch. So far, so good.

Try waving the door about with the car stationary, tyr all the obvious things, e.g. loose tools in the spare wheel well, old mints in the glovebox or door bins, coins under the seat...

Get a friend to drive the car for you down the road with you as a passenger to see if you can get a beat on it.

I symapthise though- nothing worse! Hope you get it sorted soon...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35744

move the door catch in - you need a triple square drive to undo the two bolts

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35766

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back