Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

poon's 993 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

poon

Magny-Cours
before anyone jumps on me it is for sale through this site,

I have finally succumbed to the call of a GT3 and therefore with regret my 993 C2 is up for sale, I have owned the car for 2 1/2 years and have had it maintained at JZ Machtech regardless of cost. They have also implemented all of the upgrades and modifications detailed below.

The car is a RHD 1994 (M) C2 in non-metallic Black, it has done 72k miles, it has the full aerokit 1b, which consists of rear spoiler, deep side skirts and front corner splitters. The paintwork is in good condition for the cars age, obviously it has stone chips! I regularly Zymol the car (concours and destiny). The interior is black leather hardbacked sports seats (no rips or wear), blaupunkt cd headunit and 10 disc changer, but I rarely listen to anything other than the flat 6!

Upgrades as follows:

JZ Machtech ECU remap and airbox drilling (sorts out throttle response and pick up)
Motorsound Oval exhaust tips (sound great)
RSR exhausts (sound even better)
RS engine mounts (stops engine rocking and results in more precise gear selection)
RS clutch and lightweight flywheel (best mod you can do, engine now revs hard and freely)
Roock full adjustable suspension (transformed the handling)
Roock strut brace
Roock 18’ lightweight alloy wheels (look awesome and are only 2 weeks old)
Red calipers (not big reds alas)

This lot alone has cost me over £9000

Items replaced due to wear:

Aircon pipes and various other components (circa £1k)
Steering rack (circa £700)
Lamba sensor
I have all reciepts and invoices. All service stamps are in place from either OPC’s or well known Independents.

The car was last serviced July this year (6000 mile and the previous was a 12000 mile in Feb 2004.

The tyres all have approx 5-6mm except the OS rear which is brand new (nail).

To say this drives well is an understatement, the power delivery is instant and it revs really quick, it also sounds like a proper 911 should, especially on the overrun.

I have priced this sensibly, if you want a well sorted and looked after 993 then you won’t go wrong with this car, a similar car without all the upgraded bits and bobs that I have fitted will sell for circa £25k, I am asking for £28,000 ONO.

Call me to discuss if you are interested on 07786 524 572.

Thanks Stuart

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/my993(4).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34757

BTW I also have the original electric spoiler just in case the aerokit wing is abit OTT, it will be included in the sale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34835

I'm sad to see it go!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34837

You'll make me cry now!

BTW did you get my email at your magical address?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34838

Just read it, what spec and price was it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34839

noony i just pm'd you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34843

Lovely looking car mate. Good luck with the sale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34863

Great looking car.....what Gt3 have you got your eyes on?

Wasn't quite sure what I was letting myself in for at 1st but no regrets whatsoever, you've made a great choice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35063

Poon, how's the sale going? Isn't a bit like shooting yourself in the foot saying "a similar car would sell for £25k but you want £28k"?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35071

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 07 October 2005
Poon, how's the sale going? Isn't a bit like shooting yourself in the foot saying "a similar car would sell for £25k but you want £28k"?

errr, my post says without all the upgraded bits and bobs... i.e over £9k's worth. My point was that to buy a totally standard 94 C2 you would expect to cough up circa £25k, then once you realise how tame and boring the standard car is you get on the slippery slope and end up spanking £10k on upgrades.

Why bother, buy one already done! Easier said than done, as they don't tend to come up all that often.

In terms of response I have 3 people viewing on Saturday and several others have asked for details. It is priced to sell, I am not asking over the odds in the hope that someone who doesn't know the market will cough up.

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35074

Rob, think I will go for a Mk2 comfort but with bucket seats. Enjoying yours?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35076

Ooops sorry Poon, I must stop logging on after that "quick drink after work" - I missed the 'without'.

Did you flog it today then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35104

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 07 October 2005
Rob, think I will go for a Mk2 comfort but with bucket seats. Enjoying yours?

Luvin it...have the sports seats rather than buckets...using it most days. 1st time I've had a car that I don't bother listening to the radio, just enjoy the noise.. :D

get used to having permanent grin lines!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35105

seagull, no worries!

i took a deposit from a couple! so PPi permitting (shouldn't be a problem) its sold.

Rob

I'll break out the botox!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35106

Good luck in your search Poon, I'm sure the new owner of your 993 will be very pleased with it.

The GT3 has been crossing my mind many times too (even though I prefer the look of the 993), but the lack of rear seats / roll cage pretty much kills it for me everytime! Very envious.... must keep us informed, especially comparing your 993 and the GT3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35108

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back