Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 cab everyday use ?

tyrone timony

im trading up from my lhd 911sc cabriolet which has been my car for the sun .

im looking at a rhd 993 cab at a local car dealer.

the difference in cost means ill have to sell my daily drive too.

anyone have experience of running a 993 cab all year round .

thanks in advance.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34231

I used mine daily for almost 4 years and I can thoroughly recommend it.

In retrospect I would have taken better care of the roof (had it washed and treated more regularly) and asked the guys at work for a different parking space - the person who used to park next to me wasn't very careful with their door. If you're going to be spending time on motorways I would also be tempted to get the front some stone-chip protection.

Now I'm in London I unfortunately spend more time on public transport but it was a completely reliable daily runner and a joy to commute in.

One drawback is that I did find myself leaving for work at ungodly hours of the morning just so the roads were empty and I could have a play on the way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34238

I know of a guy who used his 993 cab as his only car for seven years. Sold it recently with 160K miles on the clock. You don't keep a car for that long and do that many miles if it's causing you problems.

That said, many of these cars are getting on for ten years old, so are likely to have more things going wrong with them - but mainly minor things. And frequent use is good for a car.

Get a good 993, look after it and it should look after you pretty well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34244

Thanks guys for the feedback.

the cars 25k from a dealer with a years warranty , theyre also giving me top book for my merc c230k coupe ,it does seem a fair deal.

car is slate grey with black cab roof, which i havent seen many of, all original with 71k miles all dealer stamps apart from the last two which were done by the current seller.

they wouldnt take my lhd 911sc cab in px only the merc a bit to old for them apparently.

ill get the 911sc up for sale over the weekend and take the plunge.

ive already seen a set of wheels for it i like !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34299

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back