Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WAS 911 for sale.

Zanx

Ok, I'll not lie to you all, I've only registered to try and flog the plate that's currently decorating my 1965 Dodge 880 Custom so I can treat her to a bit of TLC and an engine rebuild. Not currently on a retainer but I have all the forms ready to roll. Ageless 911 plates like this don't come up very often hence the asking price of £5000.

Email me on [email protected] if you're interested.

Apologies to the Mods of this site for being so blatant.

Zanx.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33738

I know a guy called Waseem Ali Salaad who drives a 1989 993S4 Anniversary model 911. I'll have a word and see if he is interested. Are you still wanting £5000?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37979

I'd take £4000 for a quick sale.

Thank you. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37985

Had a quck word with Waseem. He thinks that is a bit on the pricey side. Mind you, he drives a very rare 911 as they did not make too many of the Anniversary 993S4s in that model year, so it's worth quite a lot and I would have thought a good number plate would set the car off quite nicely.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37986

Richard, it's been valued at £6000 by 2 different registration sellers so £4000 is a fair saving. Having said that, I do realise it's very hard to pin a value on something like this. I'm open to reasonable offers (given the valuation) I'll have it on a retainer soon as well, just to make life easier for anyone who wants it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37987

He reckons he has been offered 911 WAS for a lot less. I don't know if it's true but you know what these chaps are like. He tells me that he went to have a look at a '98 model 964RS Targa Turbo in Wimbledon Green of all colours last week - now that is one rare car - so if he buys it, then he might be persuaded to get the other number plate as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37989

Ok, I think patience is required here. Thanks for being the go-between, much appreciated :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37991

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Zanx on 17 November 2005

Richard, it's been valued at �6000 by 2 different registration sellers so �4000 is a fair saving. Having said that, I do realise it's very hard to pin a value on something like this. I'm open to reasonable offers (given the valuation) I'll have it on a retainer soon as well, just to make life easier for anyone who wants it.

only thing there is,thats not what the true value is,the registration selling ppl will take a commission cut out of it if they were to sell it so obviously they'll be wanting as big a slice as possible,hence why they "value" it at something like what they've quoted you,if they value it as being �6k,then surely they will take it off your hands for �5k...or even �4k............nice bit of business(�1k-�2k profit) and all that,but funnily enough they won't

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37995

Richard, are you sure you have the right guy? The reason I ask is because I know only one person who drives a 1989 993S4 Anniversary model 911 - but on his club registration form he gave his name as Salaad Al Waseem - so logically he would really be interested in a plate that reads SAW 911 -

Just checking -

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38000

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 17 November 2005
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Zanx on 17 November 2005Richard, it's been valued at £6000 by 2 different registration sellers so £4000 is a fair saving. Having said that, I do realise it's very hard to pin a value on something like this. I'm open to reasonable offers (given the valuation) I'll have it on a retainer soon as well, just to make life easier for anyone who wants it.

only thing there is,thats not what the true value is,the registration selling ppl will take a commission cut out of it if they were to sell it so obviously they'll be wanting as big a slice as possible,hence why they "value" it at something like what they've quoted you,if they value it as being £6k,then surely they will take it off your hands for £5k...or even £4k............nice bit of business(£1k-£2k profit) and all that,but funnily enough they won't

That's a valid point but they said they will give ME 6k if they sell it, they'll make about a grand on top because it's listed on their site for 7k. I may yet drop my price again though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38001

PS. I noticed that newreg.com have your plate for sale - details below - please confirm : that you really own the plate, also why you are asking more for it than newreg are??

Seems to me like maybe you don't own the plate, just want to find a buyer for 5k, then buy the plate for 4.2k and make the profit inbetween ????

WAS 911
£4,195
Sorry - I wrote this before and posted just seconds after the response above - which explains some points -
[/list:JiWnHRvNPQ]
LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38002

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 17 November 2005

Richard, are you sure you have the right guy? The reason I ask is because I know only one person who drives a 1989 993S4 Anniversary model 911 - but on his club registration form he gave his name as Salaad Al Waseem - so logically he would really be interested in a plate that reads SAW 911 -

Just checking -

LJ

I am pretty sure about this. I recall from my membership days of PCGB911 that you list your last name first so that would explain the difference. Mind you, his favourite 80's group is Was Not Was.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38005

Papa was a rolling stone?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 17 November 2005
PS. I noticed that newreg.com have your plate for sale - details below - please confirm : that you really own the plate, also why you are asking more for it than newreg are??

Seems to me like maybe you don't own the plate, just want to find a buyer for 5k, then buy the plate for 4.2k and make the profit inbetween ????

WAS 911
£4,195
Sorry - I wrote this before and posted just seconds after the response above - which explains some points -
[/list:LJ3wfxCtmM]
LJ
This is my car, just to verify to an extent that I have title over the plate. I thought of putting it on one of my bikes but I'd probably write it off and lose the plate.

http://www.zanx.net/mopar/2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38008

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back