Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold my 993

manek

Montreal
Guys

I've just swapped my 993 for an Aston Martin DB7 -- so while I'll pop in from time to time, and certainly when/if I return to Porschedom -- that's me lot on the forum, I guess.

Thanks for a most enjoyable two and a half years -- and if you're really unlucky, I'll make it to the next curry!

Cheers

Manek

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33696

hi manek

is it a vantage? got any pics?

your contributions will be sorely missed, as they have been for the last several months!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33698

IMO you will sadly miss the 993 - db7 is very different - big GT car - didnt like the one i had drive wise..... however.......looks wise.......lovely

one i had was motorsport option packed 6 cylinder - ford switchgear stands out like a sore thumb :-(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33708

Noony, pics are over
here
on the AM Owner's Club forum.

And porka, yes, the drive is very different -- but just as enjoyable for different reasons. I found I was doing more longer trips and fewer drives out for fun, as work pressed in on leisure time. Put simply, I wasn't getting the best out of the 993, and it seemed a waste of a great sports car to hammer it up and down motorways.

And I've always promised myself an Aston - since I was about 12! The right one presented itself...and you know what happens next! :wink:

PS: There's a LOT more bodywork to Zymol too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33719

Ideal car for the longer distance stuff - a real gt with style - it will take ages to zymol it all ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33741

I'm so looking forward to that part!

And Noony, sorry I didn't answer all your question: it's an i6 (3.2l s/charged making about 335bhp). It's quick but there's more power to be had...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33757

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back