Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 clutch going?

DB500

My clutch has a very high bite point.....does this mean its on its way out? Car drives fine and the pedal feel seems normal...fsh with car but no mention of new clutch,mileage now is 51k.Any experiences?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33374

Depends entirely on the use the car has seen, cars used for lots of short trips/town driving/etc will wear out clutches quicker than those used for lots of longer trips. 50K about average for a 993 clutch, mine had new clutch at 49K. Is the clutch slipping when nailing it in 2nd or 3rd?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33378

Hi Jon

No it all seems to be functioning ok...history for the car is very good and all other stuff has been dealt with on the dot, As its a C4 Im told that they are a bigger job to replace.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33379

if you take the airfilter element out and have a look it can show signs of an ageing clutch,

the air filter housing has a pipe from the clutch bell housing and sucks up air and dirt from the clutch

hence a really dirty air filter can be caused by a clutch on its last legs

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33380

dunno if its any help to you but in conversation with a few ppl inc my local OPC service manager they reckon.....its not a big thing for a 993 C4 to be on its 2nd or 3rd clutch at 50-60k miles......in fact he tells me about one local 993 TT owner who gets a new clutch fitted every year at service time..............obviously a driven hard one/abused one :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33381

a new clutch every service !!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just had mine changed (its a C2) at 80 thousand km's - which i have been told is about average - but then again it all depends on how its been driven.

My biting point was high and there was a vibration which was due to a broken rubber donut thingy, which also trashed the flywheel - :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33388

I had the clutch replaced on my C4 at just over 50k miles which seems to be about average.

Cost is Just under £1000 unless you go for the lightweight version.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33392

rs clutch and lwf time :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33415

Poon you are a terrible influence....a week ago Im thinking just do a budget job and sling in a standard clutch etc etc...now im thinking airbox drilling ,suspension,RS parts etc..

errm...while Im at it whats the deal with the roock suspension kit? :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33416

Yup, if you're going to have the clutch changed, might as well pay a bit more to go light!

Roock kit is a bit like the designer version of HR springs and Bilstein shocks. The springs are specifically matched to the shocks to make it work a bit better. Is it worth the extra? everyone has different idea. Worth doing a search to see other options and decide for yourself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33419

DB, sorry :oops:

Roock are no more, JZ do Manthey Racing now.

As Mick says my Roocks are abit more matched, not sure what the difference is though, cost abit more though.

My 18's will soon be up for sale, JZ are fitting a new set of Roock 2 piece 18" split rims on friday. Yeehah.

Mick, just realised you need an RS clutch and LWF :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33421

DB - i have the RUf kit, very good and is height adjustable -
www.ruf-automobile.de
or something like that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33424

Roock set up is height adj too, smallish adjustments can be made at set up, don't go too low low it upsets the handling, when my Roock kit was fitted the old kit was set up to RS ride height which was far too low.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33427

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back