Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant leak

F1_Dragon

Mexico City
Hi All,

I've unfortunately noticed some fluid on the floor of my garage. It seems to be coming from the front left of the car. I think its coolant, doesn't look like oil and my coolant level is now low.

So....has anybody else experienced this? I'm assuming its another seal issue and should be not too bad to fix? In the meantime, what coolant do people use to top up their porkers? Porsche special, or halford's standard stuff???

Any advice appreciated...thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33266

No, just a guess since from what i read coolant should not be used up significantly? The coolant level was fine when I bought the car a month ago, but is now below the minimum after 600 miles...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33280

maybe its condensation from your A/c?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33281

I can condensation all over the place - front of the car back of the car etc etc even in the middle section of the car!

Double check it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33282

Sounds like coolant. I think I've read of this sort of problem occurring before. Warranty fix, I'd have thought.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33295

Thanks guys.

I think it is coolant, seems to be too 'slimy' to be condensation. I will get it checked out ASAP but until then what do you guys use if/when you top up your coolant?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33311

I dont understand coolant....am I missing something!!!! :wink:

On the other hand my Audi does chuck out a serious amount of fluid from condensation from the aircon but its not slimey so not an expert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33314

ah ha, of course, silly me, your 993s et al just open up their lungs and take a deep breath in when they feel hot! :wink:

996ers...do you top up with coolant of any particular flavour?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33315

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back