Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 purists....

Pete Harris

This whole '993s are pure, I don't talk to 996 drivers' stuff reminds me of the following Emo Phillips gag.

====================================

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "stop! don't do it!""Why shouldn't I?" he said.I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"He said, "Like what?"I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"He said, "Religious."I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"He said, "Christian."I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"He said, "Protestant."I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"He said, "Baptist!"I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"He said, "Baptist Church of God!"I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!"I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32912

Great. Agree entirely. Let's make it our mission to kill all 996 owners.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32916

as well as all bikers ? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32917

How could you not like people in POwer Rangers suits.

Especially if we look like this (these are essex boy styley - apologies for offending essex boys with the comparison).....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/knee-down.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32920

If we carry on like this we will soon be persued by the likes of George Bush and Tony Blair for being known as a '993 fundamentalist group' and all get turfed out the country. Well as long as its somewhere hot and I can take my 993 with me......not all bad.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32931

Charlie - jump before your pushed ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32932

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Pete Harris on 26 August 2005

This whole '993s are pure, I don't talk to 996 drivers' stuff...
Is there this stuff? Have I missed something? (Liked the gag by the way.)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32933

Hey....just kidding folks. Some of my best friends are 996 owners.
In fact controversially, I would say the 996 is the 911 to buy now.
Although I love the 993, I think it’s getting on a bit.
With 996 prices collapsing (esp turbo and C4s) I’m saving the pennies and hoping to buy a 996 turbo next summer.
Cat, pigeons etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32937

I'll speak to any 911 driver despite the the water can. :p

I don't see the " 993s are pure..." kind of stuff very often to be honest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32941

Well apart from an occasional sensible comment from a 993 owner they seem to know it/been there/done it/bought it/got the t-shirt... plus other comments!! Thus leaving the 996 brigade somewhat quiet...Not that I mind letting the 993 crowd prattle on aimlessly!!!

jokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkke!! :wink: :D

and I just found the info on a jaunt to Fance very helpful! from all who contributed...Cheers guys.

I refer you to my prior post about generalising and grouping people and cars!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32981

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

He lay awake all night wondering if there really was a dog...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33078

I was over-egging the pudding with regards not talking to 996 drivers. But there is a general preference here for 993s it would seem.

Off to Cali for 2 weeks - probably have to drive a barge. Something of a disappointment after the 996......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33080

Gather a group of 911 'enthusiasts' together and you'll find there are more air-cooled owners than water-cooled. And it's 'enthusiasts' who tend to participate in forums like this.

But yes, there is a concentration of 993 owners here. Maybe we've scared the others off!

But of course most of us would like a nice 997S if we had the dosh...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33082

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 31 August 2005

But yes, there is a concentration of 993 owners here. Maybe we've scared the others off!
Well you do all tend to be a bit self righteous / head up your arses for your own good sometimes. And I tend to agree that with the over-kill of 993 sentimentality makes me use other forums...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33085

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back