Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

pre-vario 993 does it matter!!

Nishal Patel

Monza
This topic has been posted before me thinks!!

How much difference is there between prevario's and vario's in terms of performance and engine wear-problems?

Does resale value matter whether pre or post or does the overall quality of care from past owners reflect on price?

Any comments from those who have driven both and have noticed a difference welcome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32039

I have driven both, didnt see much difference in every day use, however I made sure I bought a varioram purely as I think its an easier sell on when the time comes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32040

Varioram cars sound better IMO, esp when the resonance pipe opens.

Produces significantly more torque too, so probably a bit more grunty low down. Not a massive difference in top end power. FWIW, a Varioram Targa is quicker than a pre-varioram C2 despite the extra weight.

Like all these things, many people decide they want a "varioram car" so they will fetch more like for like and possibly be easier to sell. But as always, condition is paramount in determining the price a car will fetch. I certainly wouldn't rule out a pre-varioram car as the performance difference is probably pretty marginal at the end of the day.

If you are looking for an S or a Targa they are all varioram except a few v early targas.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32042

If you do get a non-varioram, have the ECU remapped by the likes of 9M and you would not know that it was a non-varioram as power delivery is smooth throughout the range.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32099

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back