Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 A Great feeling...

Daniel

Donnington
Not used my 993 for a few weeks as its been very busy at work and been using my Megane RS225 company car,

And when I did use her on my day off last thursday, she broke down and I had to replace my fuel relay.. BUT.......

Had to come into work today, and thought I would give her a run, well not using her for a long trip for a few weeks made the drive make me feel like a kid at christmas, every bend and curve she held so well and the power was so smooth when I needed it.

When I arrived at work, I got out walked round her and had the biggest grin !

Just thought I would share myt drive into work today.

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31984

I think all Porker owners have this grin :wink:

Not had a chance to drive Eleanor for about a week now, very busy at work so been relaxing all weekend. After reading your post, i might just take her for a spin a bit later on :lol:

Keep on motoring folks....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31986

Thats it- I'm trying to keep the miles down, but I'm taking my Targa to the office tomorrow.

Daniel yours seems to be sulking after not being used!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32007

I think you could be right Robert.

I have Thursday off this week, and I will be taking her for a long run, followed up a wash and polish.

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32012

That's what I like to see, taking time off to spend with loved ones!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32014

I drove mine to a client meeting today. I new it would entail some A and B roads. It definitely put a smile on my face.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32022

same reason this is my ony car... I am putting on mileage... but what the hell, every drive is an adventure !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32031

"sulk" - havent got mine at the moment - gone for Service, brakes and new Clutch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32035

I took mine in this morning-

So exhilarating, a great 06.30 wake up call, and the 1hr 30min 80 mile commute just flew by.

As Sundeep says, every drive an adventure...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32038

Guys - I'm with you all. Bought a Saxo VTR as my daily drive but have brought my 993 in for the last 2 days. Huge smile and that flat 6 sound - sometimes I wish that the car had over 100k mileage rather than 32k so I wouldn't be so worried about putting on 1k miles a month.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32045

I'm in a similar situation- my Targa has done 36k miles. I am considering selling my 330 BMW and just using the 993 daily.

I wonder though if I did that whether some of the fun would go out of it, or whether one would gain a bigger appreciation.

Either way, at 25k miles per year it would probably be a bad plan cost wise, or would it... it might be cheaper to take the depreciation on the chin (only an issue at the point of sale), and save one set of running costs? Dunno...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32046

robert
the catch in your position is that sum of the running costs for the 993 + 330 = less than just the 993. . .
however the total cost of running 2 cars in the short term, is most likely greater than just running the 993 (assuming market value for the 330) . . .
but as that article in 911P&W showed, putting 25k miles a year on a 993 is very easy to do. . .
in the end the maths suggest that the 2nd car costs equal the extra 993 costs for that extra mileage (assuming you run a real car as a 330, rather than a Kia!) . .
it really matters on what is practical to do & of course what you want to do

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32060

or in my case, it depends on what my wife drives, so assuming it is 'practical' enough . . . I can get away with the less practical car ! or is that a 'more adventurous car'!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32061

I will do the maths...

My inclination is that I should keep the 993 for special driving when the mood takes. Its fabulous fun on a clear drive, but I wonder how I'd feel about it (as has happened more than once) after a 4hr drive home in thick snow, traffic, etc compared to my 330 with SMG box, heated seats, satnav, HK stereo, Xenons etc. I'd hate to fall out of love with the 993 because of the very character that makes it so special to drive.

If I didn't do quite so many miles, I would be very happy to use the 993 daily.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32068

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 02 August 2005

heated seats, satnav, HK stereo, Xenons, etc
so that's a yes, yes, yes but it's Infinity + Pioneer + Becker and yes !

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32075

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back