Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 c2s Transformed at JZ Machtech

mike keech

Trainee
Well I went and did it...ie. parted with a large chunk of change with JZ Machtech and it was worth every penny...work done was:

Performace Chip, rsr exhaust, Chrome Exhaust tips, Bilstein HD shocks, Front Strutbrace.

Car is drives much,much, much better...feels altogther more solid/responsive/throaty/and much faster...dyno reads gave an extra 20bhp which Jonas said was one of the best results he had seen in recent times.

Car effortlessly jumps to red line with smooth power all the way up the curve..where as previously there was a noticeable burst from 4-6000rpm...rsrs also very throaty but keep the 911 "sound" ..just louder when you are really on it and at start up..no resonance on the motorway or any unpleasant sound at any cruising speed..Also had the cailpers powder coated red so all in all very happy with all the mods..except for the financial hit which came to just about �2.5k all in..overall car looks more sporty and drives like a completely tighter/faster one...

Could not recommmed these changes more...or JZ service which was great...bought the parts though..which should just about pay for the extra fuel the car seems to use with the new chip..definately more thirtsy then before..

only regret is maybe not going for the pss9 set up as I was expecting the suspension to be firmer/tighter rounds bends but the replacement shocks are still a million miles from where the old ones were after 60k miles..

Tommorrow she goes for a proper test on the road from Boston to Humber Bridge, which if you have not done it yet is a MUST.. the best I have seen in UK yet except for a couple roads near lockerbie, scotland.

Thanks to all for the recco's along the way...helped a huge amount in making the choices.

All the best,

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31696

it sounded good as you left! you should have put new uprated springs on as well!

rs clutch and LWF next Mike! Tell Helena the slippery slope has started!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31698

Sounds great. A couple of questions: did you change the springs? (it looks like you retained the lowered C2S ones; H&R springs to match the Bilsteins would be firmer).

Also, did you have the generic chip or did you have it mapped with the rolling road?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31699

I know, I know!!..should have gone for the springs as well..now thinking about it all am..which HR and do you think i shoudl get poon?, your set up was so firm would live to get to that level if poss....

also if theyadd new springs now i guess i woudl have to pay a large sum to have them fitted ie probably the same they charged me for shocks fitting ,new geometry etc ie (560). do you think it would cost the same?

Poon, did you leave the beast there for some "extras" or leave with the same amount of cash in your wallet?

as for the chip lawrence was a standard chip...i dontthink JZ do any other versions.

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31700

mike

what were the exactly power figures.. bhp & torque that you ended up with ? & at what rpm..... (flywheel or at the wheels?)

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31701

mike, talk to Jonas about the recommended springs, but I reckon it will be big xtra cost for the refitting etc, I probably wouldn't bother now, put it down to experience.

The chip will be a proper remap, not a plug in and leave, Steve does the remaps.

my car was left for a 6k service, MOT, aircon re-gas, brake inspection and I might get some Roock alloys off Jonas!

My pocket is in dire need of some open wallet surgery!

My 18's will then be up for sale, if anyones interested?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31702

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Porsche%20-%20017.jpg

not so clean and shiny now tho!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31703

experience it is then..school boy error not getting it done all in....

as for the dynoplot..

max power at flyweel 280bhp (you have to realize that first run was v low at 255.5 post rsr fitted, they failed to do one before rsr and i hear from poon that this rsr actaully subtracted bhp after installation) jonas also said he rarely ever sees late 90's cars with initial readings at factory claims...

max torque was 4419rpm (85mph in gear used)..

Sundeep, How does this compare to what you have?..may not have got me near 300 but all i kmow is that my car is definately a mch faster ride now...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31704

Best money I ever spent on my 3.2 was new dampers and alignment etc at JZ. Totally transformed the car!

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31705

1000 posts :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31706

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back