Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Radio Locks Up on 993

Bubble

Trainee
I am new to this forum thing... and wondering whether anyone could help. My head unit of my Sony stereo/tape/cd changer (CD620RDS) seems to lock up and not respond to the power button, the cars ignition being turned off or even the front panel being removed (CDs keep playing !!). The only exception is the fuse being removed and replaced. Condition seems to be intermittent. Any ideas anyone ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31519

Welcome!

I hope someone can help on this... my initial thought would be that there is not a good contact between the front panel and the unit, hence control signals not getting through.

I had a Pioneer stereo some years ago. Dry joints (?) were blamed. I found that removal of the front panel, gently tapping the head unit on my hand and refitting got it working again.

Maybe time for a new head unit though methinks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31534

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back