Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 2.7rs replicas

porkapig

Spa-Francorchamps
anyone know where there are any for sale? has to look the part but newer engine suspension brakes etc can be more modern

thinking of trading my 993 in for something older - 1973 ish ie as old as me

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30343

Jamie,

WHYB?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30361

3.0 rs - hhhmmnn what does weveryone think about its big bum?

has anyone driven any of these after having a 993? - any opinions? other than obviously not refined or comfortable!

basically i'm getting a company car and can get away with using the porsche less - thought slower and older for 'sensation' and 'occasion'

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30367

Poon,

Don't know what you mean mate ! (sorry not up on texty geek speak !)

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30387

sorry to be a texty geek!

where have you been!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30389

I guess it means where have you been?

Yeh Poon and Jamie, you both have been relatively quiet lately.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30390

been away alot on business! leman etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30392

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by porkapig on 21 June 2005

has anyone driven any of these after having a 993? - any opinions? other than obviously not refined or comfortable!

basically i'm getting a company car and can get away with using the porsche less - thought slower and older for 'sensation' and 'occasion'
The Autofarm replica could be a good option- it is based around the relatively modern 3.2 Carrera, but with the '73 styling and spirit.

Or that RS Replica at Gmund got a rave review in last months Total 911! (and seems fairly priced to me...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30394

Always around lurking - just don't have much to offer since this board has become 993.co.uk !!!

Anyway back on topic - I'd be very tempted by a 3.2 or SC based RS replica. They are realistically useable and you won't be in danger of devaluing a 'classic', only problem is the price that Autofarm ask for their conversions. Undeniably fine cars, but at a price ! There are plenty of replicas out there without paying Autofarm money, but it's a bit of a minefield as it can be difficult to establish exactly what you are buying - there are some very poor replicas out there and lots of crashed cars rebuilt into RS replicas. Also with an eye to re-sale they can be remarkably difficult to sell on. I have a mate who almost had to give his one away (it was a good car built on the correct year's chassis etc.) That said, prompted by the excellent reaction to Autofarm's 'recreations', RS replicas do seem to be getting a lot more good press recently eg. the Total 911 article last month.

Personally I'd be tempted to stick with your 3.8 - the old cars are very different beasts - and your 3.8 could be turned into something really special for weekend blasting !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30401

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by porkapig on 21 June 2005

Why not give me a call and you can come and try it for yourself. Its a very sorted car with some real attention to detail. It's not going to give you the day to day comfort of the 993, but having come from a 993 myself it is a really fun drive.

We are getting offered Replicas on a regular basis and have become very choosy so the examples we put forward are good ones. Happy to help if I can

Andy Watson

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30420

Marc, having had a couple of early cars ,2.2 and a 2.4 I have been thinking of buying a 2.4 that requires a 'bit' of work but the main criteria for me would be to retain the original features rather than create a replicar. From my past experience I found that selling a modded car not only took a bashing on values but took some time to find a buyer. On the other hand if you want a track car then go for it and have some fun!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33900

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back