Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pedal effort

Dr Strange

Trainee
Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to the site and would like to ask all you 911 fans out there....what is the 'typical' feel of the brake pedal pressure. I recently drove a car (96 993 C4) on a test drive and thought the brakes hardly worked!! It could be that they didn't, but I'd like to know if the pedal effort required (a lot) is typical and/or if this car just needs sorting. Also, what is the lifetime of an exhaust system and likely cost of a decent replacement? Cheers, Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30242

993 brakes require a good shuff to get it going, and when it does it is very powerfull with "feel", unlike most modern car where foot pressure is amplified many times to brake pressure so much that you can't tell how much brake pressure you're giving.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30243

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back