Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.8 LHD

Fuchs

Baku
there is a 3.8 for sale at Mr Firmans place - under 25k.

Just dont ask him how many miles its done - :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30119

bargain when you look at the rarety value? this is the only other narrow body 3.8 i've seen

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30240

Nice, but walnut looks sooo out of place in any Porsche, especially a Turbo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30386

Walnut dash? - altogether now - NO !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30396

could always replace it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30424

Hi guys, first post, new to the forum, and owner of a 993 since 4 weeks ago. Thanks btw to Poon (great avatar!), Noony, Sundeep and everyone else for their words of wisdom to lurkers like me. Your thoughts have been invaluable on my 6 month quest to find my perfect Porsche!

But wait, I should have searched the forums for comments about wooden trim - apparently it's not well liked :(

For I am a walnutter. Not that i set out to get one with said trim, but it was the 6th car I'd seen that month and it was the interior that really made a positive impression on me, apart from the overall vgc.

There's no point posting any pics, it's a Polar Silver C2 with a blue leather/walnut interior exactly like that in Robert Bill's link above. All the other cars I'd seen had a v basic black 1970s style dash, which i thought looked boring and dated (dons flameproof suit). At least this one had colour and (to me) some tasteful style.

So, there you go - one vote for walnut. And all my passengers so far seem quite impressed too :)
. Any other takers?

Ian P

PS 3 month gaps in threads are ok on the Internet aren't they?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33342

Hi Ian - didn't know our ramblings could be so useful :wink:

Congratulations on the new car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33343

ian - i hope you've got a walnut sterring wheel as well? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33359

I'm kinda with ianparky. Not horrified by a bit of wood.

I see Gmund say that car is 'quite unique'. Well is it unique or not? Either it is or it isn't; there's nothing in between...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33362

Whilst I am not really convinced about the wood in a Porshce, I quite look the 70s look, that particular 3.8 at Gmund is a nice car, I have seen it in the flesh, but the wood does let it down.

On an earlier point about their prices, I think in general they price very competatively, ok so I should amit that I got my car from them, and very happy I am too. All IMHO of course.

S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33433

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back