Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED - 17" alloys for my 964

Ibbo

Hi all, newbie here!

I am collecting my 1990 Carrea 2 Targa tomorrow. It currently has 16" alloys which I would like to upgrade to 17" wheels.

Anybody selling any?

Many thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29985

Hi,

I asked a similar question on here a few weeks ago about what wheels fit what car, offsets and the like after I bought the missus a 90 Targa 2 and wanted to search for a nice set of 2nd hand wheels off a 993, 996 or Boxter (or whatever), but don't know enough about them. I didn't get any replies, as most of these guys on here want to talk about what celebrity drives what, what colour suits the various models and what type of polish gives a deeper shine. It's starting to get like
www.famoushairdressernailvarnishappreciatersUK.co.uk
on here.

Colin.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30040

Hoy

Less of the haidresser criticism if you please, if it wasnt for the likes of us you'd all be walking round looking like ozzie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30042

I've just put 17" inch cups on my 964 after my usual lengthy research (or what my missus refers to as an obsession).

anyway, you'll be looking at Cup 2s off a 993 Carrera 2/4. Other variants of 993 have different style. I'm sure there's a whole discussion topic here alone, but let's stick to Cup 2s for now.

The ones I've just got are 7J 55ET at the front and 9J 55 ET at the back. I may have my figures not quite right as my papers are elsewhere - I can dig out that for you if needed.

Re price, well go onto E-bay and you'll find a load for sale. Original Porsche 17" Cups with tyres (that may or may not need replacing, and remembering that 2nd hand tyres are exactly that..) have been going for around £6-700. See this link for an example.... they are Cup 1s, but will give you a feel.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4550507701&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

There are also loads of copies on e-bay. I've heard on decent authority that these look the part, but their unbalanced weight may change the handling and are not as good as the OEM.

For originals you may want to check somewhere like Design 911. They are doing originals in all flavours (Cup 1, 2 and also from 996/Boxter). They have some in that are from Germany (so the story goes), which have been in storage after they were removed from customer's who asked for upgrades. They're in decent condition, but they will refurb them for you if need. Cost around £400 without tyres. They can also do tyres. Can get the specifics for you. Also, JAsmine do something similar.

www.jasmine-motorsport.co.uk

www.design911.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30046

Thanks all for your responses.

I was given I think Adrian Streaters Porsche Guide which has all the offsets in. I like the Cup 2s out of preference, the upgrade is more about extra rubber on the road at the back than anything else.

I will check out those sites & links metioned. I missed out on a grea tset that went for £400 on ebay but the deal on the 964 hadnt been agreed!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30062

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Colin McBride on 14 June 2005

Hi,

I asked a similar question on here a few weeks ago about what wheels fit what car, offsets and the like after I bought the missus a 90 Targa 2 and wanted to search for a nice set of 2nd hand wheels off a 993, 996 or Boxter (or whatever), but don't know enough about them. I didn't get any replies, as most of these guys on here want to talk about what celebrity drives what, what colour suits the various models and what type of polish gives a deeper shine. It's starting to get like
www.famoushairdressernailvarnishappreciatersUK.co.uk
on here.

Colin.

have fun with your web site :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30064

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane